“Nice Taste of NYC in Western Colorado”
Review of 7th Street Deli

7th Street Deli
Ranked #99 of 304 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This place is always busy...really good sandwiches and other lunch-time food. The ambience is quaint and the prices are reasonable. A very good place to grab some really good pastrami or corned beef in the old NYC way.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

When you come to this deli, you are happy that there are only a few people ahead of you. You order a sandwich and don't even bother to take a seat because you know it will be pretty quick. There are multiple people in the back making sandwiches - and they are working hard.

You start to notice bags being put up on the counter - and people coming in to pick up. And - I'm not talking about a sandwich or two - these are full grocery sized bags. Whew.

And you realize that this place does a huge call in business. I don't know if it is from workers from the hospital up the street or the medical offices. I just know the when a phone call comes in that they will be on the phone a while and writing like mad.

The sandwiches we got were fine - not amazing, but nothing to complain about. Except for wait. i would say they need more people - but they have a full kitchen of very hard workers.

I think in the future, I would call in my order or not come at lunchtime. Glad they have such a success, but if I spend that long in a restaurant, I want it to be fine dining.

1  Thank Rita B
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I keep going to this deli because it's in such a great location for me, but it always seems to be a disappointment. The sandwiches are quite average, the pasta salad overdone (or not fresh). I could take the average food if the employees would be friendly! They always make one feel that you are taking up their time and they have better things to do. After hearing other people with the same compliant, I'm done.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Good soup and sandwiches and salads. Small restaurant, not a lot of seating, but you can quickly get your order to go. All the chicken sandwiches are good, loved the tuna and my favorite in the new york new york. Combines brisket and pastrami. Also they make a goof rueben. Not open for dinner. I have not tried the breakfast menu.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

This is a small treasure. Great find. Food and service was wonderful! Found it while traveling across country.