All reviews gluten free muffins cinnamon rolls mesa mall room was clean hotel is conveniently located nice hotel next morning parking lot would stay here again king room biscuits and gravy stayed nights checking in top floor the breakfast area the colorado national monument great place to stay
Reviewed 11 January 2016

This is a very nice hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. It's in a good location for travelers stopping for this night. There are numerous restaurants and shops nearby. The room was clean, bed comfortable and everything was in good working order. The breakfast was decent, fairly typical for holiday inn express. The night we stayed it was very quiet.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Thank you for the very nice review. I am happy to hear that our location and amenities suite your needs.It is very nice being in walking distance to so many restaurants, shopping, a mall and movie theater. As well being off the main highway, allows for our guests to have the maximum privacy and quiet night.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a week due to a major vehicle breakdown. I choose this hotel because they had an indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. The room was nice and clean with a microwave and fridge. The staff were very friendly and always asked if I needed anything. The breakfast was good and they had biscuits and gravy with sausage or ham or bacon which changes daily. They have fruit, cereal, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pancakes and bread items. Milk, juice,coffee and tea. They have a gym and business area with printer. The only problem I had was that they need more TV channels and better remotes. And last but definitely not least, they have a very attractive young lady named Dani, working the front desk, that has a smile that can only make you smile.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Thank you for the very nice review. I am happy to hear that the hotel met your needs during your extended stay with us. Hopefully your truck was fixed properly and you made it back to Florida.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

This hotel is easy to access off the interstate and adjacent to Mesa Mall, other shopping areas and several restaurants. It is very clean in lobby area, halls, and our room. Breakfast eggs were sort of like cardboard, but other selections were fine.'
Mattresses need to be replaced as both my husband and I had backaches the next morning. Check on what Hampton Inns use, they are the best ever.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed here in early November for an overnight family trip. The check in experience was fine. Not much else to say about that.
Now I'm not sure if the room we were in was small or I was having a mild attack of claustrophobia but it did seem unusually small for a Holiday Inn.
I know this isn't their fault but the view from even numbered rooms is a junk yard. A big junk yard. The odd numbered rooms face the city and mesas to the east.
All in all an acceptable place but not particularly exciting or inspiring.

Trip type: Travelled with family
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel. I am sorry that you felt the room was under sized. I am not sure what room you occupied, but our standard rooms are 375 sq ft and our suites add an additional 110-200 sq ft of space. The average US hotel room is 325 sq ft. Hopefully on your next visit with us, we can upgrade you into a larger room, so you will have more room to stretch around and feel comfortable.

I do want to just inform any others, that it is the even number rooms that over look the Grand Mesa and the odd number rooms that over look the National Monument. While there might be a business that stores older vehicles outside the window, we encourage everyone occupying an odd number room to simply look past that business and enjoy the sight of the National Monument. Early morning clouds sometimes hover into the valley of the monument making it one very stunning view.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

Despite being fully booked with soccer teams in town for a tournament, the hotel held its own. It was clean, relatively quiet, and had comfy beds with rooms with good temperature control. It had a great breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, fruit, baked goods and breads and the like. The only suggestion I have is that a vacuum or broom should be run sometime during breakfast. It is heavily used on a busy breakfast and the floor was pretty much a disaster by 10:00 am when breakfast was over.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for the very nice review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoying our breakfast. I like to claim that we have the best breakfast host in the entire Holiday Inn Express brand. She prepares the food perfectly and is just an all around joy to talk to.

Thank you for noticing how well the staff did when we were so busy. This time of year we tend to have a full house and it is nice to hear that the staff's hard work didn't go unnoticed.

I appreciate your input and will talk to our breakfast host to better ensure that we keep more attention on the floors during breakfast hours.