“Bare Bones with dirty floor”

Motel 6 Grand Junction
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Was happy to get a room in town. A dispute a check-in as to whether the booking.com price included the second person. I relented and paid the extra $6. I may follow up with booking.com as I have their conformation saying the reservation was for 2 people. Moved into the room and noted the AC was on full blast and the window all the way open. I closed the window with difficultly as the bottom groove for the window was full of dirt and bugs. No carpeting on floor which works well for guests unlike myself traveling with pets. Unfortunately, it appears it is seldom mopped. The floor is dark with dried up spilled liquids, probably coffee. I wiped up some with a wet kleenex, but quickly lost motivation. I wore shoes while in the room. The bed was ok, not great. I would stay here again, but it would not be my first choice.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, and quiet accommodations with an extremely friendly and helpful staff. Was late for AM coffee and they dug it back out for me. I consider myself a Motel 6 veteran and this was one my better stays.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2017

If you just need a place to crash, this fits the bill. We had a late arrival in Grand Junction and could not pick up our rental car so the 1/2 mile walk to this hotel and the price fit the bill. We did not pay for wi fi. Desk staff were all good. We used Grand Junction to fly in, rent a car and travel for a week so we used Motel 6 at the start and finish. It is old, the rooms are small, the beds while comfy are dated...but the cost..you cant beat it...

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Room was cold, real cold. The A/C was left on full blast. It was 50 Degrees outside and about 40 Degrees inside. Had to turn on heater and leave for a couple hours. When we got back and went to bed. The bedsprings could be felt through the mattress which was very hard and uncomfortable. Couldn't sleep very well. Very bad visit.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2016

The rooms are very small and very basic. I could hear the guests in the next room quite clear and they were not being overly loud.
There is a charge for wifi and it didn't work. I could not open a page fully, it was so slow. I got a refund, however, being this was a business trip, having wifi was mandatory & I asked about it BEFORE buying the room.
I ended up finding a McDonalds to get wifi to get my reports in for the day.
Prepare to have everyone over 18 to have to show their ID to clerk making check in a longer process.
I would not stay here again or any Motel 6 if this is the norm for this chain.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Laurie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are glad to be able to provide Wi-Fi to our guests, but apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our policy and the connection to the network. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.