This is a Motel6? Our room (118) had:
- Delaminated wood spots all over the room (rip you socks, impossible to clean, but what the hey, the floor was dirty anyway).
- Large damaged areas on the surface of the bathroom sink (also impossible to clean as the raw ceramic material is exposed, but what the hey...the whole area around the sink was dirty and littered with hairs).
- Filthy dirty bathroom door around the door handle, and doorframe next to the light switch (but what the hey...the condition of the rest of the bathroom seemed to fit nicely with the unhygienic conditions seemingly invisible to the management).
- The sink faucet could not close off the hot water, so the only way to get cold water was to shut off the hot water valve (but what the hey...hobos and junkies don't like cold water anyway).
- Not one, not two, not three, but four & ½ (old) boogers were strategically rubbed off by some (moron) on different places on the wall in the room and on the chair seat (perfect to make a hobo or a junky feel right at home).
- Door bolt could not fit, so for "your own protection please sleep with only the chain and regular lock engaged (but what the hey...hobos and junkies don't like to be locked in).
- A junkie sat outside and smoked her crack pipe (welcome junkies).
- Lots of pets were staying at this motel, seems to be well known doggy toilet area (all the grass areas were used as toilets for the pets, no effort to pick up by the owners and no management to be found policing the area, but what the hey...this place caters to...guess who?).
And they charge the same 55 + tax $ as do other Motel6 motels where the conditions are way better.
What the management said to this? Sorry to hear that. We didn't realize...We are scheduled for a make-over...is there anything we can do for you? Yes you can reimburse me for the room charge...Sorry that is not possible.
Ok - Motel6... from here on in I will want to check the room before I pay a dime, and if that is a problem for the motel management or I find the conditions to be appalling like here, I will go elsewhere as there are PLENTY of alternatives out there.
What a scandal for Motel6, and a huge disappointment for us.
Why did we stay there you might ask?
We had just travelled from Yellowstone to Grand Junction in one go...we were too tired to do anything but sleep (which was disturbed around 11:30 pm when one of the tenants began playing basketball against the façade next to our room). In the morning, a biker opened up for his hog and revved the engine, repeat 3 times. Yes, we should have left immediately I guess. We did in the morning manage to drag ourselves out of harms way!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Grand Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Grand Junction Hotel Grand Junction
- Motel Six Grand Junction
- Grand Junction Motel Six
- Grand Junction Motel 6