“Run down and dirty lodgings - junkies welcome”

Motel 6 Grand Junction
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 5 July 2016

This is a Motel6? Our room (118) had:
- Delaminated wood spots all over the room (rip you socks, impossible to clean, but what the hey, the floor was dirty anyway).
- Large damaged areas on the surface of the bathroom sink (also impossible to clean as the raw ceramic material is exposed, but what the hey...the whole area around the sink was dirty and littered with hairs).
- Filthy dirty bathroom door around the door handle, and doorframe next to the light switch (but what the hey...the condition of the rest of the bathroom seemed to fit nicely with the unhygienic conditions seemingly invisible to the management).
- The sink faucet could not close off the hot water, so the only way to get cold water was to shut off the hot water valve (but what the hey...hobos and junkies don't like cold water anyway).
- Not one, not two, not three, but four & ½ (old) boogers were strategically rubbed off by some (moron) on different places on the wall in the room and on the chair seat (perfect to make a hobo or a junky feel right at home).
- Door bolt could not fit, so for "your own protection please sleep with only the chain and regular lock engaged (but what the hey...hobos and junkies don't like to be locked in).
- A junkie sat outside and smoked her crack pipe (welcome junkies).
- Lots of pets were staying at this motel, seems to be well known doggy toilet area (all the grass areas were used as toilets for the pets, no effort to pick up by the owners and no management to be found policing the area, but what the hey...this place caters to...guess who?).
And they charge the same 55 + tax $ as do other Motel6 motels where the conditions are way better.
What the management said to this? Sorry to hear that. We didn't realize...We are scheduled for a make-over...is there anything we can do for you? Yes you can reimburse me for the room charge...Sorry that is not possible.
Ok - Motel6... from here on in I will want to check the room before I pay a dime, and if that is a problem for the motel management or I find the conditions to be appalling like here, I will go elsewhere as there are PLENTY of alternatives out there.
What a scandal for Motel6, and a huge disappointment for us.
Why did we stay there you might ask?
We had just travelled from Yellowstone to Grand Junction in one go...we were too tired to do anything but sleep (which was disturbed around 11:30 pm when one of the tenants began playing basketball against the façade next to our room). In the morning, a biker opened up for his hog and revved the engine, repeat 3 times. Yes, we should have left immediately I guess. We did in the morning manage to drag ourselves out of harms way!

Room Tip: Stay away unless you like unsafe hygiene, junkies, noise at all hours, and doggy-poo on your shoes.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

I got what I paid for, I mean not bad but not great. I just needed to sleep one night and it was alright. The staff is pretty nice, they ask you when you get to see the room if it was ok so I liked that part. Some of the people that stay at this hotel are not like the best people with great manners, there was a guy next door speaking pretty loud to his kids and their kids where playing and making some noise. Then in the morning he took his dog for a while and didn't clean up after his pet. In the morning another person was having an argument with another person and nobody seemed to care.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Victor F
Reviewed 22 May 2016

I requested a non-smoking room with MicFridge and got a nasty, smoky room. Being the wishy-washy person I am, I just opened the windows and turned on the fan.

A little later Alexis called to see if everything was ok. When I told her it wasn't, she promptly offered to change the room. It was entirely my own fault that I decided to stay where I was because I'd already unpacked.

But then, it got worse. The room was right beside the pool and the world's most horrible family decided to rampage for hours. I couldn't close the windows because I was trying to air out the room. A waking nightmare, but not really the hotel's fault.

The room was clean and comfortable. Service was good. Just learn from my experience. Check out the smoking situation before you move in and ask for another room right away if there's a problem.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2016

Everyone that we encountered (Tony, Rachel, Machele, Alexis, Liz -- I know that have forgotten some to which I apologize) were professional, guest-oriented, and welcoming. Great staff overall. Room had microwave, refrigerator, walk-in shower, plenty of hot water, and cable tv. Small fee for wifi. Hard-service floor provides thorough cleaning for those of us with pets. Pet friendly with no additional fee. Cannot beat the price during our four-night stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Mesa Inn just down the road is only $20 more a night and has hair dryer, microwave, coffee maker with coffee, toiletries, continental breakfast, extra pillows, unlimited hot water, and thicker blankets. Stay there instead.

• Stayed: May 2016