“Small but peaceful retreat.”

Western Colorado Botanical Gardens
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Small but peaceful retreat.”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This is a very small facility but it is a great place to relax. We often stop in on a weekend when we're getting overwhelmed with running around doing errands. We stop in to recharge and it happens immediately. Often you will have the place to yourself. They also have butterflies in one of the rooms. Beautiful orchid display too.

4 Thank mtntrash

Brentwood, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“serene and so beautiful”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I had not been to the gardens before. We were there for a wedding. The next day, I went to the Botanical Gardens to spend some time. Now I know why my nephew says it's so nice to go and sit and think. Beautiful gardens. Beautiful scenery outdoors. You find this little gem in the middle of no where and so full of surprises. Loved it! And will visit again on my next Grand Junction rip.

Visited October 2011
TX
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Not Much to It”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I can see where it would be great for kids but for someone wanting to know more about plants in Western Colorado its pretty much a bust and while I'm always glad to support worthy causes not really worth the price of admission. Very small. Pretty good cactus garden but thats about it. No butterflies when we were there, didn't ask why or how long. Apart from cacti plants not well labeled at all. In fact, the best labeling is on the walk from the parking lot to the door.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Greg126
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So Much Fun!”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

They have gorgeous plants and I was pleasantly surprised by the cute castle and play area for the kids! They also have this thing called Watson Island. It's, I guess theirs but, behind the gardens. On the island, my family was able to walk right next to the river. It was so much fun! They even let us have our small dog on the property and they gave her a treat. It was all just wonderful!

Visited May 2011
4 Thank mariedream
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not too small at all”
Reviewed 24 April 2011

western colorado botanical gardens is just small enough to keep an eye on the kids! it actually enabled my wife and i to personalize the experience that much more with our children, by staying close to the trails and each other. we were all able to enjoy the many features of the gardens!

Visited April 2011