“"This mattress is like heaven"”

La Quinta Inn Denver Golden
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed 20 February 2012

...said my young daughter and promptly fell asleep. In the morning she said what more could you ask of a hotel than a comfy bed and great breakfast. Indeed ,I would add value for money and location both of which sum up La Quinta Golden. This was my 3rd visit here en route to Winter Park for a ski vacation.The location is ideal for us following a long transatlantic flight arriving late into Denver to spend the night before heading up to the mountains.This allowed a drive up in daylight and also saved a night at airport or resort prices.The hotel is 25 miles west on I-70 from Denver airport - a 30 minute drive just at the foot of the rockies.There is a Denny's across the car park and an excellent Chilis in the mall just on the otherside of the I-70 which also has a King's supermarket and 24 hour Walmart.The reception greeting was warm and a rollaway bed was provided at no extra charge.The room was spacious, quiet and there was plenty of hot water and free wifi. Making a waffle for breakfast was the highlight of my daughter's day.Checkout was speedy ,efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank traveldoc65

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed here in Octoer, 2011. This location is midway between my Mom's and my daughters homes. We have stayed here many times over the last 9 years. This was the worst experience ever. Our first night we went to go to our room, only to have 2 very large barking dogs in the room next to us. We were moved to another room. The room seemed fine except it was a smoking room. As it was late we decided we would just tough it out for the night. Most of the night we heard cats meowing from the adjacent room. In the morning my allergies were extremely bad. Went to the office to be moved again. We were given keys to another room which when we opened the door, someone else was alreay in the room. Went back down and got keys to another room in an empty part of the motel. The room was okay however over the next several days it was not cleaned and we had to call management to get it cleaned. When I finally returned home I contacted the headquarters for LQ and was told that all there facilities are 100% pet friendly - which means if you have pet allergies don't stay at LQ.

Room Tip: If you smoke and have pets this place is just fine, if you don't find somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Duane - Glenda Z
lq0636gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn Denver Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

All LQ's are pet friendly hotels that does not have an extra charge for the pet. After very pet that has been in the room has also been deep cleaned. Our goal is for every guest that stay's with us gets a clean and comfortable room. We are always willing to accomodate any guest that is not satisfied with their room by moving them to make their stay the best.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I saw the sign for this motel from the interstate, but once I exited had difficulty locating it. Once there, I indicated I would like a top floor room if there were an elevator. I followed staff directions, but should have asked for a map, because the elevators on this property are next to impossible to find. Lugged my stuff up exterior stairs and found my room, but no property map in the room, either, so off to hunt for the elusive elevator. As a woman traveling alone, I found the lay-out, dimly-lit parking, and tucked-away elevators (I found them!) spooky. Room was just ok.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank OTCHmama
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Good sized rooms, clean and and free wifi. The swimming pool isn't huge (or heated), but is welcome after a warm day. The staff was very helpful, returning a high-end pair of sunglasses we left at the front desk. The location is close to the the foothills, which makes it nice for skiers. Breakfast is included, with waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, muffins, juice milk and coffee. There are many services in the area.

The rates are quite reasonable considering what's included (wifi, breakfast, flat screens) and the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side of the building, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Monarch B
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We were very pleased with this establishment. Flat screened T.V. for great Sunday football. Breakfast was very good also. Linens were fresh and room was clean. Service also above average. Pleasantly surprised, especially for the price. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple