All reviews cinnamon rolls hi express pancake maker red rocks breakfast room was clean front desk home depot coin operated guest laundry free breakfast is biscuits and gravy checking in parking lot power outlets recommend this hotel quiet location queen suite would stay here again
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel was very convenient to the baseball fields at Ulysses Sports Park. They offered two queen beds and a pull out sofa. The room was nice. The pullout sofa mattress was stained so I was surprised they didn’t give us a mattress pad with the sheet set. The sofa bed sheets also had stains on them. The other two beds and towels were very clean and white. Fitness center was fine. Pool was heated. Breakfast was chaotic. They were out of hot water, the pancake maker was in high demand and people were everywhere trying to get items. The two small trash cans were in the same area as the food so it seemed like it should be set up to flow better. The two ladies seemed like they were just trying to keep up with the busy weekend. Cinnamon rolls were great!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2018

A year after my first stay I again chose this property for my 7-night stay, mostly for the sake of convenient location. I was greeted by Joy at the front desk and this was one of the nicest check-in experiences recently. She actually asked me about room type and location preferences, upgraded me (due to IHG Spire) to a suite and assigned me one exactly where I asked for. Joy and her colleague Kelsey really went out of their way to accommodate anything I asked for.
The 2-queen suite was in good shape and very spacious, had a nice view and was quiet for sleeping even on first few days when the hotel was almost full.
The housekeeping has improved some, they were not forgetting as many items as they did last year, but there was still room for improvement - room corners and hard-to-reach areas of the room were not vacuumed and/or were dusty, the bathroom floor could also have been wiped a few times during the 7-night stay. However my biggest concern were the dirty corridors and elevators, it took them 4 days before they finally vacuumed the corridors, but never mopped the elevators' floors.
The coin-operated guest laundry was (luckily) functioning this year, however it also desperately needed a thourough floor cleaning. The only common area of the hotel which did not have cleanliness issues was the pool - it was spotlessly clean and always had fresh towels available. I wonder if a different person was in charge of pool area cleaning and maintenence.
Overall the service somewhat improved from last year's, but they have quite some areas to work with. To start with is better housekeeping oversight and a more frequent cleaning of common areas.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Slo-Lju
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We stay in Holiday Inn Expresses around the country, about 40 to 60 per year. They are modern, attractive, and usually clean. We’ve found that out west there must be shortage of employees, because it shows in this hotel, but also in many restaurants and pubs as well. We were shorted on backup toilet paper and tissues, batteries went dead in tv remote, direct tv would not gain signal way too often, and one day my bed wasn’t made up. Breakfast was okay, server tried to fix pancake automatic machine, but as we’ve found in almost everyone, they never work properly and should be replaced with something that works more than it doesn’t. Senior executive management from IHG needs to check out the staff at this facility.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Staff_Golden, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for providing your candid feedback. We're sorry to hear that areas of your stay and service fell short of the high standards that we strive for. Your comments have been shared with both staff and management so that we can continue to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This hotel is in an industrial park type area, near the mining engineering school so the dining options are limited. When I arrived and checked in, the TV in my room didn't work. They did upgrade me after I asked for a different room so I did end up with a really nice room. The lady that came on for the overnight shift was really responsive to my needs, the guy before her, not so much. In the end it was all good.
The free breakfast is good with a variety of choice. Overall, I was satisfied with the amenities and service.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the free breakfast and the amenities and service. For additional dining options, the Colorado Mills Mall is located 5 minutes down the street and offers 30+ different restaurants. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Denver!

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights here on my visit to Denver. It's a friendly. Very clean and comfortable hotel. Pool and spa facilities available. It was very well priced. There is a very convenient light rail service about 15 to 20 min walk from the hotel that will get you to Denver city centre in about 25 min for $9 all day pass on the rail service. The city centre main street is 16th street and a free bus runs up and down this street all day. Golden and the holiday inn is a very worthwhile location for any visit to Denver and the rocky mountains.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChefDaveMc
Hotel_Staff_Golden, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We glad to hear that you found your accommodations to be "clean and comfortable" and also a good value. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Denver!