“Hotel from Hell”

Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Evergreen
Reviewed 29 June 2017

This place may seem nice in pictures but that is where it ends. First off this place is so poorly managed that it is pathetic. I was staying there for a wedding recently and here are just a few of the ridiculous things that happened.
1. people being charged for "smoking fees" in rooms when there was no smoking taking place
2. room service kicking people out of rooms starting at 730 am even though check out is at 11am
3. a security guard wandering the hallways as well as outside harassing paying patrons for speaking softly in their rooms
4. being kicked out of all public gathering areas even though it was not "quiet hours"
5. being told that you cannot smoke even in the "smoking area" out front

whatever you do if you and your group are trying to have a good time do not rent a room here, they will end up charging you bogus fees as well as ruining your time.

Room Tip: never get a room here ever
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank kyle w
GoldenEvergreenHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Kyle,
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and are sorry to read about your particular concerns. The hotel welcomed your group with full confidence that you would conduct yourselves respectfully. Our number one priority is to provide the utmost care and comfort to all of our guests. Hotels have established unwritten “codes of behavior”, in which a guest is trusted to conduct themselves with maturity and respect to all guests and property.

While our hotel is 100% non-smoking, we have provided one area where smoking is permitted. It is clearly defined as such and we appreciate our guest’s compliance (as do many other guests!) We are therefore unsure of where you obtained the information that smoking marijuana in the guest room was acceptable. Or where you got the idea that rioting in our lobby, no matter what time of day or night, was suitable behavior, or that threatening to urinate in our lobby and our hallways was your entitlement, and that breaking beer bottles in our parking lot while other guests were packing their cars to depart was also permissible.

We’re so sorry that we failed your expectations, Kyle. Unfortunately, there will not be another opportunity for us to welcome you or your group to our hotel again. Thank you again for your interesting feedback.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel in a beautiful setting for niece's wedding. Health made many challenges for needs for hoteling us.

We needed extra help due to my husband's medical condition. The staff was very understanding and went beyond our expectations.

Very grateful!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
ManagerDM, Manager at Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear mktjohnson,

Congratulations on your nieces wedding! We are pleased to know our staff took excellent care of you during you stay. We will be sure to let them know how appreciative you are. We hope the next time in you are in the area you will stay with us again.

Kind regards,
Comfort Suites on Evergreen

Reviewed 28 June 2017

After this stay I would drive out of my way to stay here and pay whatever the price happily. I arrived before noon exhausted. Had driven 14 hours pulling a Uhaul and had been up since 4:00am on check in day. I asked front desk if perhaps there was a room available for early check in so I could get some sleep. I was exhausted. Lady at front desk (Nicki I think) informed me that they were full the night before and guests had just checked out . I explained that I knew no one in evergreen and would pull car to back of parking lot and just sleep in car for a while until check in time. Not more than 30 minutes later this young woman was knocking on my car window saying a room had been cleaned and I could check in now so I could get some rest. I travel a great deal for work and pleasure and in all my travels have never encountered this level of kindness and customer service. First she thought of it, then had to search for the car to find me. If she lived near where I work, I'd hire her away because this kind of thinking would be successful in any environment.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies and some have patios but not all
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank bdw8285

Dear mktjohnson,

Thank you for you wonderful 5 star review! Wow, what a long drive. We are delighted to hear you were able to check in early. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff - we will be sure they are aware just how grateful you are for their customer service. We thinks they are fantastic too. We hope to welcome you back to Comfort Suites on Evergreen soon.

Warm regards,
Evergreen Suites

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Nice setting, but nothing special about the hotel itself. Pricey for an average place to stay. Had to ask for additional pillows and towels even though we booked the room for a specific number of occupants.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Erin C,

Thank you for your review. Please accept our apology regarding your towels...we will be sure to let the appropriate manager know. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Evergreen.

Kind regards,

Hotel Focus SFO

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

And added daily charge for a safe that was taped together. To bad because the room was nice and breakfast was well done. But I was already having trouble with elevation sickness and you have 1 elevator and it was broke the whole time

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank radgirl00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evergreen
12.5 km away
Colorado Bear Creek Cabins
#1 of 3 in Evergreen
7.5 km away
Highland Haven Creekside Inn

Been to Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway? Share your experiences!