“Ho-hum...Go to Rock Bottom Instead”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 200 Restaurants in Englewood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chester Street by the Centennial Promenade
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Lunch is fine. Dinner is okay. Both are over-priced and a bit pretentious. The burgers are great. I've been several times for the burgers. I always leave looking longingly at the Rock Bottom next door and wish I'd gone there.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Very well trained staff. Excellent selection, Super quality, Ample portions. Pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Everything was fine except the steak which to me was the most important part. It was not cooked the way i asked and it was so fatty. Yes I could have sent it back but i like to limit the amount of spit I intake.
Also for the price how about two sides like a vegetable.
I won't go back unless i have to.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is a great place to go for almost anything. Their salads are big and tasty, their pork tenderloin is very tender and has a spicy sauce that is just awesome. We have only eaten at the CO location and have tasted most of their food and it is all amazing. We do not eat fish so we can not speak to that portion of their menu. The service will not disappoint you either. J Alexanders would be considered American style cuisine and I believe they wood fire alot of their food. I am not sure if they take reservations and you will find business people there during the week for lunch.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Unbelieveably outstanding food and service. We sat at the bar for a drink prior to dinner and because of Cassidy's attentive and professional service stayed there for dinner. The calamari and especially the grilled artichoke appetizers were divine, as were the salmon entree (loved the orzo and wild rice side salad) and sides we enjoyed (spaghetti squash and tomatoes with fresh mozzarella- yum!). Definitely do not miss the to-die-for carrot cake!!