“urban sombrero kid!!!”
Review of Urban Sombrero

Urban Sombrero
Reserve with OpenTable
Urban Sombrero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 212 Restaurants in Englewood
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Yo! This place is like apple-bees but for Mexican food. Food is ok, drinks are good and the chips and salsa are great. I was there for the Superbowl, had a good time, dude had a stun gun and kept making loud noises with it. I always feel safe because I am from New York but I could tell people were scared of him. Stop by this restaurant if you want good chips and salsa or if you want to shocked by a stun gun.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Went to the Urban Sombrero last night. It recently opened in the area after they took over a restaurant that had closed at that location and then did some major renovations.

They advertise that they are a sports bar and have over 40 large screen TV's tuned to various sporting events. I did not actually count the TV's but that did have a boat load.

When we arrived on a Sunday night at approximately 6:30 the parking lot was fuller than I had expected. We walked in and had to wait a short time because the hostess was not there. She showed up shortly and apologized for our wait. Once she arrived we were seated immediately. After we sat down she brought over a basket of chips and salsa.

We decided that since we were in a place called the Urban Sombrero we should try a margarita. They do have a margarita menu and it had 15 different selections. I went with the basic Urban margarita which is the house margarita. My dining companion had The Perfect Patron Maragartia. We ordered the 18oz. sizes. They also have a 12 oz. and pitchers of the various margaritas. Mine was a little sweet but it did seem to have a good amount of tequila in it. They also have about 20 beers on tap and a few others in bottles.

The menu is what you would expect in a sports bar. Various burger and sandwiches and some salad options. Also numerous "Mexican" inspired appetizers.

Again we went basic and decided to try their quacamole. We opted for the small size which was plenty for 2 people.

The entrees are more Mexican based with typical dished like Carne Asada, enchiladas, quesadillas, fajitas and burritos just to name a few.

I opted for the Smothered Burrito, which was burrito stuffed with my choice of meat, I had the carnitas, Mexican rice, refried or black beans, mixed cheeses and smothered in green chili. Our server asked if I wanted the beans on the side as well as the green chili. I went with the refried beans on the side and the green chili on the burrito. My guest had the chicken fajitas.

The order arrived rather quickly. The fajitas were smoking and the burrito was huge.

I only ate half of my burrito and she did not eat all of her fajitas so we did have some to take home and enjoy later.

I was pleasantly surprised by the food at the Urban Sombrero. When I go to a sports bar I set my expectation level a little lower. All of the items that we had were well prepared and all of the ingredients were fresh. There were chunks of avocado in the quacamole and my carnitas were tender. The chicken in the fajitas was not over cooked and the veggies that accompanied the dish were still a little bit crunchy....not limp.

The staff was friendly and attentive and the service was fast.

Since this in the neighborhood I am sure that we will be going back to try some of other items on the menus.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Found this place on the way to my hotel in Denver. Since I'm always looking to try out new Mexican Restaurants, I thought I'd give this a try. I have to say that my experience here was only 50/50.
The good: The place is new and clean. Staff is very polite and service is good. Menu prices were competitively priced with other Mexican Restaurants I've eaten at. Chips and salsa were good...both are freshly made. Food presentation was great. The cooks really know how to serve a beautiful plate of food to the customers.
The Not-So-Good: Food presentation only goes so far if the food is only so-so. I'd have to say that, in my opinion, the food was only fair. I had beef enchiladas, and the beef tasted like it was seasoned from a packet of stuff you can buy at the store ( and I've used dozens of times ). The red sauce was a bit spicy, but otherwise pretty tasteless. The Mexican rice was fair, and I put a bit of the salsa with it to kick it up a little.
The place is a Sports Bar, as well..and they have about 40 Big TV's with various sporting events playing. The atmosphere is pretty subdued, really..but that's not a bad thing.
Overall, the place isn't terrible...just average, at best. I just wish the food tasted as good as it looked.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

With any new opening you expect there to be some glitches but I was more than happy with my 1st experience here. Good selection of tap beers, able to try a sample 1st, margaritas were excellent, green chili burger( 1/2 lb.) was very good and the green chili burrito w/ chicken was huge and tasty. Krystal was very friendly and attentive and the food service was swift. Will certainly go back again soon!

2  Thank James S
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I've eaten here 3 times now. First when they just opened and loved the food. Second time, the following Saturday for dinner and the same fish tacos were not good. Hardly any fish for one thing. A friend and I decided to try one more time yesterday for lunch. My friend said, "Nothing special, I've had better." Disappointed, I wanted to like it.