“A local place that you should try..”
Review of Gashouse

Gashouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gashouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 60 Restaurants in Edwards
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We had just finished a two hour horseback ride in the blazing heat and were looking to have "some meat" and cocktail to unwind. We had kids with us and they all wanted to try some of the "game meat" on the menu. We ordered the sampler appetizer. It was pricey but worth it for the opportunity. You don't get to try duck, qual, elk and bison every day. I had the bison ribeye, which was very good. My wife had the trout and loved it. The kids had salmon and steak and everyone loved their meal. The service was good. The only negative I would say would be the price. We have eaten in some of the best steak houses in the country and this place has the same pricing except, they are missing he atmosphere and the sides. All in all, I would come back but I do believe their pricing is high for what and where you are.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We made the mistake of eating here a week ago and had an awful dining experience. The unfriendly waitress who smelled like she hadn't had a bath or shower in a week, refused to let us be seated at a cool shady table out on the patio, because we were a party of 4 and it was a 6 top. (There wasn't a soul on the patio at the time). So we reluctantly moved inside to find cooler confines and no AC on.........off season and 80+ so go figure.

Our food was forgettable and my daughter who commented her crab cake tasted funny got violently ill later that afternoon, food poisoning apparently. She needed to an IV the next day!

Suffice it to say, this experience at this tired, old, poorly run restaurant will be our last! Avoid it at all costs!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

they offer local fish and steak as well. Accommodated food allergies well. The service was professional and friendly.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing and our waiter was excellent. Only thing is I had no idea where to go when I walked in and no one greeted me until I searched someone out. Worth it though! Will be back!!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The Gashouse is known for its wonderful steaks fish and wild game. The buffalo tidbits appetizer is outstanding but my favorite item on the menu is actually the crab and avocado salad. The decor is a step back in time to the western days of Colorado, rustic cabin and taxidermy. One of my favorite spot to dine while in Vail Valley...with the drive to Edwards!