All reviews waffle maker one night stay an older property bagels stay there again room was clean and comfortable the river pets
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Wifi was unavailable throughout our two day stay. We arrived during heavy rain and the receptionist who booked us in blamed the weather. A quick walk on Main Avenue showed all the other motels/hotels had full wifi signal, rain or no, and, next day, bright and sunny; still no wifi. Speaking to other guests at breakfast, those at the rear of the hotel, which is basically in a hollow, all had issues. I can only assume the receptionist was being deliberately and knowingly misleading. Room was poorly lit, but appeared clean, so my wife was pretty horrified on climbing into bed to discover used tissues between the "clean" sheets. A horrible, poorly run establishment...if you're in Durango avoid, there are plenty of alternative options on Main Avenue.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dekexv
Reviewed 2 October 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is a very old property with no updates. I had to work over the weekend there in Durango Fair. I have requested from the fair not to book me there next year. The room was off a dark alley and I arrived with bikers and others sitting smoking outside their rooms next to mine. I didn't feel safe coming and going. But to top it off they charged my credit card $395.64 falsely. They knew the fair was paying for my room. I've contacted them three times on this and it's still not fixed. In the meant time I'm forced to pay interest charges now on the card for not paying my credit card in full, which I always do. I will be canceling my card once this is straightened out but not I need to find another card to replace loosing that card. What a mess and no one there can help you. The owners don't care to even return a call from me. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! Buyer beware!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2017

The outside of this property is in dire need of an update! There were two guys on their personal laptops when I entered the lobby; turns out one (or both) of them were the desk clerks. After looking annoyed that I wanted to check-in, I stepped around this large dog to get to the front desk. Guy looked like he'd rather be anywhere else than at work. The room was actually ok, but certainly not worth the cost; however, I have a feeling that that might be the case for any hotel room in Durango.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 29 September 2017

This is an older property and the price reflects it. My wife and I spent two nights here. Our room was freshly painted and reasonably clean. We had a working older CRT type TV with cable, a small microwave, and a fridge. The shower had great pressure, but the drain was slow such that by the end of a shower the water in the tub would be over the ankles. We informed staff, but nothing was done despite promises. In fairness, another room was offered, but we were already settled and thought it would be fixed by the second day. Furniture and carpeting were a little tired but serviceable.

Room Tip: We were kept awake one of two nights by the active guests above us. (Thin walls).
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family