All reviews eggs to order front desk room was clean waffles real eggs the river trolley stop hot breakfast breakfast was excellent biscuits and gravy good nights sleep bit dated comfortable stay in town ice machine free breakfast king bed
Reviewed 2 April 2018

When I first drove up I thought oh no an older rundown hotel. I was pleasantly surprised.
I had a king size suite with a huge reclining couch Frig and microwave as requested. Very large bathroom fully stocked. Exceptionally clean. Jared, the night manager was more than pleasant and totally helpful Key wouldn't work - brought me another one. Even got me some ice. Locked myself out and he had to get me another key. He is a joy to work with compared to other hotel managers over the years. Would love to come back here some day. Cant wait to try the breakfast based on other reviews

Even had a sheet in a frame welcoming Choice Privileged members by name!!!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Harry A, General Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thoroughly delighted to have been a pleasant surprise for you. Our establishment truly lives up to the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover." The staff here is some of the most hospitable and hard working I've ever had the pleasure to work with and it is because of their efforts our guests can have an enjoyably comfortable stay. I will gladly share your experience with them.

Thank you for choosing to be our guest. We look forward to being your host again soon!

Guest Services

Reviewed 24 February 2018

The Quality Inn is an older motel. Our room had been remodeled and was clean. The best part of our stay was the hotel staff. They are really nice. I will stay there again. They had a free breakfast that was better than the typical chain motel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mary H, Manager Guest Services at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your kind comments about our staff and amenities. I also feel very fortunate to have people who like to put our guest’s comfort first and makes being a host very enjoyable. Please take care on the rest of your trip!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I've stayed at many Quality Inn hotels and I can definitely say this is one of the better ones. This hotel from the outside is the kind of place you might drive past for something fancier but you'd be making a mistake. The rooms appear to be recently renovated, everything was very clean and comfortable. Even though it is exterior corridor, noise was minimal and I was in a room closer to the road which is surprising. I stayed here while on a ski trip and the hotel is right on the main road leading straight to Purgatory Ski Resort. Free hot breakfast made it quick and easy to get out the door and onto skiing.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Mary H, Manager Guest Services at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I greatly appreciate your kind words and promise to share them with our staff! We certainly hope your stay proved to be most enjoyable and that the snow was sufficient for your visit here. It is our promise to keep trying our best in making our establishment as comfortable for our guests as we can. We hope you will keep us in mind for another visit!

Thank you for giving us a chance. Please visit anytime!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

This is a great place to stay the rooms are clean with very little traffic noise. The breakfast that is prepared by Nucole is delicious and she is most accommodating to customers. Kassia at the front desk was very friendly and helped with all my needs. I have two Great Danes who travel wherever I go and this hotel had a great room, clean and close to areas for walking the dogs. I travel to Durango frequently and will always stay in this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for rooms in the back part of the hotel lot.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
QualityM1, Manager Guest Services at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are overjoyed to have you as our guest and are looking forward to every time we can be your host. It is our hope that you are taking full advantage of the Animas River Trail during your stay, to get an invigorating walk each day. I promise to share your experience with Nycole and Kassia and to commend them highly for their wonderful efforts.

Thank you very much for your loyalty. We await your next visit!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed over the Xmas holidays, and got a wonderful rate. Loved the pet friendly King room. It was small, but homey. Do not like the flooring because it makes the room colder.

I checked in early, and the room was ready, BUT, the heater wasn't on and the room was freezing. Had it turned up on high for hours before it got comfy. I left for a couple of hours, and when we came back, it still wasn't warm. That was the main gripe. Other than that, the bed was nice and comfy, and all was well with the amenities...

The staff was nice, but not as wonderful and caring as all the other reviews say.

The breakfast was superb though. Nycole was really the nicest staff member we met...

All in all, it was an okay stay, and will stay again, but....

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that your stay with us did not prove to meet your expectations. It is our goal to try to give each one of our guests an enjoyable experience and so we really appreciate your describing what was lacking during your stay. Some we cannot change, but as for the heat and our staff I will happily mention how we can perform better in these areas. I’ve asked all our staff to make sure the heat is on in the rooms that our guests will be staying in and, just in case, asked our maintenance to inspect the heating unit in the room you stayed in. Nycole does a wonderful job of creating the bar that the rest of us should shoot for and in our next meeting I will discuss ways and reasons we should try to do so. I hope this will be enough to get us back on track to meeting and surpassing our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for being honest with us. We look forward to showing the results of our efforts the next time you stay.