All reviews fluffy towels salt water pool basic room an older property coffee maker microwave and fridge pleasant stay yer maids josh dresser denver river
Reviewed 22 October 2018

We needed a place to stay with our two little dogs - jus a quick trip from Denver. The lady who checked us in was so nice and informative. It would be great if everyone person who worked the front desk of a hotel was as nice as she is!

The room was clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Connector819066, Manager at Motel Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Jacqueline,
Thank you so very much for taking time to review the Motel Durango. We appreciate your nice comments about our great Front Desk employee, Beth. I will share your comments with her. We hope you and your pups will be back to visit soon.

Patryka

Reviewed 12 October 2018

We had very unpleasent experience.
We in advance reserved the room in this motel using Expedia and had confirmation about that but when we arrived to the motel they said that the room was already booked to somebody else. The staff woman rudely declined us in spite of it was her mistake.
We were so disappointed and did not know what to do and where to stay.
She offered us another room in this motel, but $35 more expensive than was reserved.
Eventually she just kicked us out of the office.
The people like this woman must not work in the hotel reception.
We don’t recommend this motel. You had better don’t reserve rooms in this motel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2018

This is an absolute bare bones hotel, the lamps in the rooms didn't even have places to plug in. Upon arrival in the room we found a used tooth brush and a heroin needle hidden above the picture frame. Luckily I am tall enough to see this and was able to get out of there immediately. Upon bringing this to the front desk attention they offered to switch me rooms. Which we obviously declined. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I associate with.

Room Tip: don't use this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Connector819066, General Manager at Motel Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Thank you for taking time to review the Motel Durango. The entire staff is working hard to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable room in a safe environment at a reasonable price in a very high priced resort town. I share your horror at finding a needle on the top of a picture frame. The tragedy of drug addition is a world-wide epidemic and is found everywhere, among all economic levels of humans and at every price level of motels/hotels. The new owners are very concerned about keeping drug users/sellers/buyers out of the motel and off the property. We are vigilant in screening our potential guests to keep this property as free from illegal activity as possible. It is the number on effort of everyone here to make the Motel Durango a clean and safe place for families to stay. It is very sad that some people who stay here in the motel can not rid themselves of their illegal use of drugs and subject our very nice guests to that situation. For us, and all staffs in hotels and motels everywhere, it is a constant battle to keep this element away from our property.

I apologize to you that you encounter ed this at the Motel Durango. I have since developed a housekeeping position of inspector, who is responsible for inspecting each room in the motel to insure that all rooms are ready for our guests and are free from any condition which might disrupt an otherwise pleasant stay. While it is true that we are a limited-service, economical motel, which many people appreciate, we will continue to strive to provide our guests with a clean room, friendly check-in and out and a safe environment.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

No elevator for a 2 story hotel. The pictures show a river and bridge but we didn't see either. Our room had not been remodeled but definitely needs to be (especially the AC - very very loud). No coffee and no tissues in the room : (

Stayed: September 2018

Thank you for taking time to review the Motel Durango. I am so sorry that you apparently missed taking the bridge, which is on the back-side of our property, to the Animas River Walk which goes both directions from the motel all the way through town. It is an absolutely lovely walk and is enjoyed by everyone who takes it. We also have a small creek which runs behind the property called Junction Creek, but due to extreme drought in this area, is close to room dry.

We are working on repairing and replacing air conditioner/heating units in many of our guest rooms. We have just added the placement of tissues in our guests rooms as that is a common request from our guests.

I hope that you were able to get some coffee from the Lobby were we offer coffee and a grab-and-go Continental Breakfast every morning from 7:30 am until 9:30 am. We are excited about plans to add coffee makers in all of our guest rooms soon.

Again, thank you for your comments. This gives us an idea of what is important to our guests and that is what is important to us!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I'm in the process of a 2 week long business trip, have stayed in over 10 different hotels during this time and Motel Durango had by far the WORST customer service, mainly the front desk day-time manager. I've worked in customer service for years before my current job and I would NEVER speak to anyone how this company spoke to me. Regarding the issue, I'm not even concerned as booking.com resolved for me (they're saints!). This review is strictly about the poor customer service, overwhelming rudeness and lack of any respectable people skills that the manager displayed. He was rude, refused to let me speak, kept speaking over me (yelling), refused to connect me to a superior and said if I kept calling he would just keep hanging up on me. Save your sanity and go somewhere else, there's numerous hotels in that town and ALL OF THEM with better customer service than this one.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business