“Such bad service!”

Sporting News Grill
Ranked #161 of 206 Restaurants in Durango
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We normally come here every Friday after work. Drew is always on duty and is brilliant. We changed days and what a difference! I don't like leaving bad reviews but this guy really doeesnt want to be there. I won't put his name down. We waited while he found himself a TV channel to watch. We ordered drinks and asked for a menu. That's the last time he came near us until he saw my glass was empty. He was eating his lunch at the other end of the bar. He was making what sounded like real estate deals on his phone. He was texting. He was watching TV. The only thing he didn't do was look after the only 2 customers he had in the place! We came home to eat and probably saved a lot of money. I can see why there are so many bad reviews for here. All I can say is go in on a Friday night and you won't be disappointed . Any other day is debatable

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We ate here after a hockey tournament for 6/7 year olds. The service was the worst I’ve experienced in a decade. It took us over 1-1/2 hrs to get our food. Will never go back there to eat.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Arriving too late to go out we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. The food was really good. My daughter had the kids pizza and was happy. I had the nachos with chicken and they were great. We also had the philly sandwich and chicken strips. They were all surprisingly good. Service was slow. Very slow. We went back a few nights later and discovered our waiter was also making room service runs which explained why they seemed to be MIA so often. We attributed the late times we were there to why service was slow. Our waiter was very nice and apologetic. Management needs to add to the wait staff. Our waiter was apparently the only one working tables.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I wrote these things down so I wouldn't forget any of them. This was a dismal meal. We have been there 3 times in the past and our food and service were great! This was our last time. First, the waitress said "We don't have any onion rings." I said, should I go buy some onions? in a nice voice. She laughed. So, here we go: My husband's tomato, on his burger was pink, he got cheese when he didn't order it, FF need to have the potatoes cooked before frying them. To get them done in the fryer, you will burn them. He got raw onions with his wilted lettuce and pink tomato. My batter fried fish was GREAT and basically that's all I ate. The cole slaw was old. You know how the old cabbage gets a little red on the edges? Old! The lettuce on my plate was also wilted. I told the waitress that we wouldn't take it out on her because she had looked worried. Most places would offer to take the drink off your bill or do something to make you feel better. She said she did pass along what I had said. It's really convenient for us to stop on our way from Durango back to Cortez but we won't be back again.

1  Thank Ann69982
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Waited a long time for menus, then another long time to order, and a further long time for our food--really, almost 45 minutes between arriving and having food appear. There were only a couple of other tables occupied, so the poor service was a mystery. Asked for water when we ordered drinks--water didn't come until a second request, at which time the waiter acted as though we'd never asked the first time and told us that "water was only by request." When the food finally arrived, my husband's fish tasted and smelled fishy, and my food wasn't what I ordered. We chose not to wait another 30 minutes for the right food, but I could barely eat what did arrive: flat bread with tasteless chicken dice slathered with bottled bbq sauce. I was told that the house would comp half the price, then when the check arrived, it seemed that the waiter would be eating the other half--as if we might take pity on him and pay it. He was rude, so we let it stand at that. We won't return. We will mention this to others. Shame on the Holiday Inn for offering their guests such miserable dining.