Lowest prices for your stay
USD 108
USD 101
Agoda.comUSD 108
HolidayInn.comUSD 108
Hotels.comUSD 108
All reviews front desk burger theory in town the polar express spacious rooms road trip mesa verde pool and hot tub parking lot ihg shuttle downtown fireplace ski purgatory
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2020 via mobile

No soap in the guest rooms. Asked the front desk for some and the response was ‘we ran out’. Went to lobby to get coffee the next morning and they had not made any. Asked if they were planning to since they usually have coffee in the lobby and response was ‘we ran out of cups’. Hope they haven’t run out of cleaning supplies to clean the rooms. Other than running out of basic supplies, it was fine.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank zactaysmom
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Hi zactaysmom,

It’s a delight to have you as our guest. Thank you for sharing your hotel experience.

We are committed to providing the simple pleasures of travel by offering the basics of hotel hospitality. I am sorry to learn you could not fully maximize your stay because of the shortage of amenities.

We make sure that every guest feels cared for and valued. Your experience is certainly not the norm for our property. I have shared your comments with hotel management as a reference to prevent the shortcomings from happening again. I guarantee the actions taken will ensure our guests only receive exemplary hotel accommodation.

Again, thank you for making us aware. I hope you will give our hotel another opportunity to host your stay. We’d want to leave you with a more favorable impression.

Warmest regards,

Zel N.

Reviewed 26 September 2020

The Holiday Inn Durango is pretty typical of any Holiday Inn built in the last 10 years.

It opened 7 years ago, which means it is starting to show its age. It's time for an update:

1) TVs are from 2013. No smart TV capability.
2) No USB outlets and few accessible electrical outlets for devices.
3) Lighting is very yellow.
4) Combination shower and bathtub really shows its age.
5) Some of the furniture is scratched, discolored, etc.

Otherwise, the hotel was comfortable, in a reasonably good location and had an okay restaurant. The restaurant Burger Theory has an okay sports bar dinner -- it's better than their breakfast. The only problem is the hotel does not promote the restaurant for drinks and dinner at check-in. Also, it's not even properly signed or marketed, either from the parking lot or the street. If you didn't know about the restaurant you wouldn't know it was there.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank travelbefore20wasfun
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2020

Hi travelnonstop247,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. While I am glad that you appreciated our restaurant, I was also concerned to read your comments about the TV, electrical outlets, and shower just to name a few. I understand your dismay, and I am sorry. This is not the joy of travel that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

Thanks again, and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Mike F.

Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

The hotel is fairly new and the room was large with a virtual fireplace. It was during Covid so they said the room was cleaned extra well. There was a lot of hair all around the sink and on the tray with the shampoo. My wife wiped it up with a towel. It looked like a beard had been trimmed. I took it to the front desk and the lady apologized, said she’d notify housekeeping and they’d discount that night. There was a stain on the fitted sheet so the next day we pulled the sheet off so the housekeeper would know to change it. We spent the day in activities and when we returned that night, the sheet was not changed, dirty towels were on the floor. I called the desk and the guy who had checked me in said that we had to request to have the room cleaned and we were told that at checkin. When I informed him that he had not told me that, he flippantly said “well sorry.” That made me mad and I said “that’s it! Nothing you can do?” He hung up. When we checked out, there had been no adjustment on my bill and the lady at the desk said she knew nothing about that and the mgr was gone. Not a pleasant stay! I can not recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank anthonycK522QY
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2020

Hi anthonycK522QY,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us.

Ensuring our hotels are always clean, service is always friendly, and everything always works. I'm sorry that your experience was less than perfect and not in line with the goals we want for each visit. I'd like to alert our local team about your concern and have sent you a private message to get more details to assist you further.

We're looking forward to your prompt response.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 17 September 2020 via mobile

Passing through on vacation we decided to stay here and visits couple of sites around the area. During the covid pandemic you have to be aware of the cleanliness of the hotel and I feel very comfortable at this holiday inn also there is a excellent restaurant at the bar

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2020

We had the opportunity to stay here for 4 nights. The hotel is very clean and we felt comfortable staying here. There were signs by IHG requesting everyone to wear a mask and social distance, as well as hand sanitzer by the elevators and entrance of hotel. Their pool/jacuzzi was wonderful after a day of hiking!
The front desk staff were very friendly. Unfortunately, we did not eat in the restaurant.
If we are in Durango again, we will be staying here!

Room tip: There was not an ice machine on the 3rd floor. we had to go to the 2nd floor to get ice