All reviews front desk attached restaurant nice property free shuttle workout room in town next morning downtown area would highly recommend this hotel checking out mini fridge comfortable beds would definitely stay here again hot tub parking lot ihg erin
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Room was good; came with mini fridge, microwave & Keurig coffee maker. Placement of the extra outlets were odd. The view was of mountain side they had cut into to build the hotel-at least it was private. Food was good but pricey.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Hello asgard2003,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Durango Central, CO. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 October 2018

I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in years. Based on this trip, I'll reconsider for future trips. This one seemed fairly new and immaculate. The rooms were good sized, comfortable beds and good amenities.
Breakfast was a buffet or off the menu. The buffet was more than adequate, but the seating made it nearly impossible for everyone to navigate it without bumping into one another. The coffee station really needs to be separate from the toaster section... Big pile up of hungry travelers.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

This place is so poorly run it is hard to believe that it's a Holiday Inn. It is fairly new snd the rooms are fairly large and clean. But the service people are totally incompetent and overwelmed. My bag was never delivered to my room, but somehow side-tracked and held behind the front desk. A package left for me at the front desk was shunted into a storage closet so that when I asked about it I was told by the desk manager that they had no know,edge about it.
The hotel being a mile out of town leaves you dependent on their van to get around if you do not have a car (we were with a bus group). But they have only one van and a contract to pick up airline personnel at the local airport, so every time a plane comes in or leaves the driver is gone for approx. an hour and a half. Which leaves you stranded as the local taxies don't run regularly.
Furthermore, the restaurant at the hotel has a meager menu and the poorest service I have ever seen. My wife snd I waited an hour after we sat down to get our food.

In short, this hotel is a disaster, particularly if you do not have a car. Get a place in town.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilmagnific0
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hi ilmagnific0,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Durango Central for your lodging needs and for leaving us feedback.

First of all, I know how you feel regarding the current state of our property and service of our hotel staff. I know that this is not the accommodation that you were expecting and I'm really sorry. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry for letting you feel otherwise. I have already brought up your comments to the hotel's attention and necessary actions will be taken to avoid the same inconvenience in the future.

Additionally, I'd like to follow up on your concerns that's why I've sent you a private message. Your feedback will definitely help us towards bettering our services. We hope to host you again soon.

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 August 2018

A great location, friendly staff, and a nice indoor pool -- all deserving an excellent rating.

However, the hotel could not resolve a booking system error that dogged us during the entire stay. On checking in, I was told that I had 3 rooms reserved even though the confirmation email showed only one room. The receptionist assured me that it would be corrected.

The next morning I received a call from the hotel asking if I still needed 3 rooms for the 2nd night. She had no record that I was even checked in already for the previous night. Again, I was assured that all would be corrected.

It did not end there. Later in the afternoon, I received another call from the hotel asking if I still needed 4 rooms for the second night.

On checking out, charges for all of these extra rooms still remained pending on my credit card.

Staff was always friendly and accommodating, but nothing was ever done to solve the problem. This confusion and stress during the entire stay was not necessary.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jim2001
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Rooom was spacious and very clean. Loved the fireplace. I thought they served breakfast but all we saw was coffee, however they do have a restaurant attached. Overall experience was great only negative was the king bed was hard. On the brighter side they do offer shuttle service to the downtown area which we took full advantage of a few times. Made it easier for the whole group to enjoy themselves and the staff was excellent. Thanks Erin!!!

Date of stay: August 2018