“Beautiful Burgers!”
Review of James Ranch

James Ranch
Ranked #5 of 79 things to do in Durango
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We don’t eat meat often so when we do, it’s a real treat. James Ranch in Durango, Colorado is a family owned business which raises grass fed, organic beef. You order your burger and enjoy it outside, overlooking the mountains. No words to describe this burger.. you have to try one! They also make their own cheese and sell cuts of beef. Take both home with you (if your staying in a lovely vacation home). Check their website for hours of operation. They aren’t open as often in the winter but plan your lunch around this gem!

All reviews
"sloppy joe"
"farm animals"
"enjoy your food"

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Great place. Family owned ranch with natural food and special entertainment. It was a great evening. In the summer they have music on Thursday evening so you can combine good music with good food. I like burgers and they were exceptionally tasty.

2  Thank ssmookler
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Two Nubian goats greeted our group before the daughter of Dave and Kay James gave us a brief history of this family based, multifaceted agricultural endeavor based on environmentally and socially sound principles. My steak dinner with potatoes and vegetables was simply outstanding. After dinner we were invited to visit the market where many bought artisan cheeses. If you had time, you could take a 2-1/2 hour tour of the ranch from mid-June through August at $25 per person. The ranch is located 11 miles north of Durango, across from and just north of Honeyville.

1  Thank MariaP1779DE
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I am a huge beef lover. Prime Rib, Ribeye Filet in that order. We stopped at James Ranch on our way back from Silverton. I should have realized things would not be great when the saleswoman tried to explain how the cattle have such a wonderful quality of life before they kill them. Really? I know the cows will be killed and I still love my beef so don't give me the quality of life sermon. We bought some Ribeye steaks and cooked them tonite on the grill. I was so looking forward to them. $24 for two Ribeyes, the Filets were almost $30/lb.

Well what a disappointment. They were so tough they were inedible. I like mine rare, my husband medium rare and we both were pulling the chewy fat out of the steak. If I had 2 bites that were good that was a lot.

I will go elsewhere for my steaks. Save your money

2  Thank Bashi B
Cynthia S, Owner at James Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

We pride ourselves on raising the finest 100% grass fed and finished beef. While we have hundreds of very happy customers, we apologize for your experience. Please contact James Ranch Beef via our website, jamesranch.net, and we will make it right.