“"Lofty" Adventure”
View out master bedroom window
flower garden on ranch Master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
flower garden on ranch
Master bedroom
Master bedroom area
Living room and dining room
living room area
2nd bedroom
Barn and pastures
ranch ponds
harvet moon in the fall
view from county road to ranch
winter on ranch view of the barn etc
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brenda S
“"Lofty" Adventure”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Fantastic rental, couldn't have been happier. My 2 boys (ages 20 and 23) and I stayed in the loft for 2 nights as part of a 10 day road trip through 4 western states. The loft is lovely! Superb views of the mountains, on a wonderful ranch about 20 minutes out from Durango. Exceptionally clean, laid out wonderfully, most any amenity you'd need if you plan to cook while there, comfy beds, and inspired decor! We LOVED it! (Pay no attention to any mention of the sulfur smell in the bathroom/water. It was mild...and dissipated even more after the first shower.)
Frannie was great to work with- she answered questions promptly prior to our visit, and stopped by while she was out walking her 4 amusing "ranch hounds" to say "Hello". We were happy we got to actually meet her!! The horses are fun to talk to, and the hounds were all delightfully friendly and energetic!
We'd return in a heartbeat, and enthusiastically recommend the Loft to anyone who prefers to stay a bit "off the beaten path" (NOT in a regular hotel in Durango). In our mind....this is a MUCH better option!
Great experience! (Thank you Frannie!)

18 Nov 2017
Thank you Brenda for your wonderful review. It was my pleasure to have your as guests and so happy that you had a good time. The hounds love the guests and they always like to stop and say hello. Again thank you and hope to see you again. Best, Francie
Jtiggergi...
“Heaven on Earth!”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

This place is amazing! Beautiful loft with gorgeous views. Being from Florida I was worried when it said there would be no air. No air was needed. Every day was gorgeous breezes with the windows open. Each night the coonhounds would bay and sometimes you could hear the horses whinny. Francie was so nice. We cannot wait to go back.

13 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for staying at the ranch on your vacation. It was my absolute pleasure to have you as guests and so happy that you had a good time. Hope Apple my hound with her squeaky howl allowed you some rest. I always try and get them to bed by 9 PM. Looking forward to your return. Best, Francie
aggie9192
Irving, Texas
“Great experience, convenient location, hope to stay here again sometime soon”
Reviewed 29 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

What a great place to stay! I won't ever have to get up early to see another sunrise again--it could never top the ones we saw from the loft above the barn. I went downstairs and outside to take pictures but the view wasn't as good so back to the loft where i could watch it from bed.
Our teenage daughter wanted to stay in a cabin and the rentals by the river were $350 a night so I looked for the next best thing. We had been in the loft all of 5 minutes when my daughter turned to me and said "thanks dad" and gave me a big hug. That was worth the whole trip. Very convenient to Durango and Mesa Verde.
Francie was/is an excellent host. We loved getting to spend some time with her and her 4 hound dogs.
It is country living--the ranch is on well water. The water coming out of shower has a sulfur odor but it isn't going to hurt anything. There is filtered water for drinking.
If/when we go again--we would choose the loft over the cabin mainly based on the 2nd story views

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: friendly host and the spectacular views
Liked least: smell of sulfur from shower water
Travelling group: Teenagers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Sep 2016
I am so happy you had a great time at the ranch. I am lucky that I can share the beauty of the ranch with others. When I am up in the loft I always am amazed by the views. Better than what I see. I have put a sulphur softener in now so hopefully the odor will be diminished. I do hope you will come back and it will be great to see you and your family again. Best, Francie
mphart
Clarksville, Indiana
“In the country Heaven!”
Reviewed 16 April 2016 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Out of the way but well worth it! Great views, Animals, and great accommodations! If you like the country this is well worth renting. I was also happy I could help Frances instead of giving my money to a big name hotel. Renting here you get more value for that money too.
The place was well kept. everything in working order. TV is Basic but adequate. A nice apartment over an horse barn. In the middle of great views. The shower water is well water but manageable. No AC but with the windows open I was fine and I need my AC. I highly recommend this Loft to anyone!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Remotness on a working farm.
Liked least: Well water for shower but it is not bad.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
17 Apr 2016
Good morning Michael, Hope you are well and thank you for your lovely review. It was my totally my pleasure to have you at the ranch and meet you. Best, Francie
Jane G
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect peaceful retreat, wonderful views, so relaxing”
Reviewed 25 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Such a wonderful barn to stay in with our family - perfect to relax after a day sightseeing in local area! Just make sure to pick up food and supplies in local town before heading out to the barn and there are no shops nearby. But the peace is part of the charm of this place, we loved it and would go back again.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Peace, tranquility and stunning views
Liked least: Distance from Durango
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Aug 2015
Hi Jane, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I hope you had a wonderful and memorable vacation and thank you for visiting us at HD Ranch. It was great to meet you and yur family. Best, Francie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing