“Breakfast and lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Locals hang out, GREAT breakfasts and burgers. usually has speacials that are more than enough food for two.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

For such a small diner....the food packs a mouthful of flavor! I asked the waitress if she recommended the chicken fried steak breakfast or the eggs benedict. She immediately said eggs benedict. I was a little hesitant because being from LA thats what every restaurant serves. But I went with it. OMG! it was so delicious! I dont know what they put in their hollandaise sauce, but I am still craving it! And there is no place in LA that serves a sauce like that! So dang good! Service was awesome!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

everytime i eat here the waitress always asks if i want ketchup or hot sauce. my reply is 'i trust the cooks judgement' and the food is always as flavorful as i expect it to be. i need to add nothing to it.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

They are always busy and I don't know why. Service is below average, food is just alright. Their milkshakes are good though.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Our family has been going to Durango for over 30 years and for many of those years Oscar's has been our favorite place for breakfast and lunch (those are the only meals they do). We usually have breakfast there before heading home to Phoenix. We know then that we won't have to eat again until we are home. Decent places to eat a few and far between on that 450 mile drive.
In case we do need a snack, we have a few pieces of pie from Oscar's. Oscar's has wonderful, homemade pie---fresh every day! I have always baked pies and have eatne few that meet my standards. Most are gooey, doughy, institutional. Not Oscar's! There is a large variety of fruit pies, cream pies, custard pies to choose from. I have never had a bad meal or a ordinary piece of pie from Oscar's.
Oscar's is a diner, located next to a hardware store. It is always full of locals and the staff doesn't change day to day. A great place to grab breakfast of lunch before a train ride.
Remember, breakfast and lunch only. Closes at 3PM. If you are in Durango, it is the best breakfast place you will find.