All reviews columbine room sow's ear outdoor wedding large kitchen wedding venue beautiful lobby mountain view parking lot tubs purgatory guests fireplace marmots sauna hermosa
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We went here for a wedding recently. It definitely sticks to the Mountain lodge feel and it has a gorgeous view. The rooms could use a little updating, but overall weren't terrible. Plus the fact that it's right next to Purgatory ski area is nice too.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We got married at the Silverpick lodge and all our guests had a blast! We loved that we could bring in our own musicians, food, liqour etc. and do it our way as well as take advantage of the Sow's Ear restaurant as well! Chris was very helpful! Highly recommend!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2016

My husband and I took a look at this place while we were looking around for wedding venues, we had planned to get married in Arizona and were in Durango on vacation and decided to pop in to check it out. We immediately fell in love with the place, after a tour with Chris, and decided we would have a destination wedding so we could get married at the Lodge!

Our four night stay at the lodge was the perfect wedding set up. We were able to fit our wedding party and immediate family all in the lodge and most of the other guests stayed in condos on the property. We used the Columbine room for our rehearsal dinner and the Sows Ear for the wedding dinner. After dinner, toasts and first dance we went downstairs to the Columbine room which was the perfect setting for our guests. We had a DJ set up in the main room for dancing and used the back porch with a fire in the fire pit for guests to use as a quieter location to talk and hang out. The game room was perfect for all the kids we had because it kept them entertained and all in one place.

Chris was so great to work with, he answered all the questions I had throughout the planning process and handled all of the check in/payment with our guests so we didn't have to. Keep in mind this is a minimally staffed lodge (personally I liked it that way) so check-in can be a little slow when you have a bunch of people checking in at once. It didn't bother us, we were able to still move our stuff in and go back to pay when the line slowed down.

Chris was helpful when we needed help, but gave us our space the whole time which really made it feel like it was our own place. This is the perfect venue for someone looking for a location that can sleep all of their guests close by! I can't express how great it was to work with Chris throughout our planning process and stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Silverpick, Owner at Silverpick Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Thanks so much! We really enjoyed hosting your wedding. Many happy years ahead!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

My son and I stayed for an extended visit to the Durango area and I wouldn't have wanted to stay any where else but Silverpick Lodge. I witnessed first hand the care and consideration the owner gave to the many visitors and guests who walked in the front door. Chris, (the owner), has a heart unlike any other hotelier I have encountered. While he is not giving away the lodge, I have never seen anyone more generous in meeting the needs of his guests. It is a small staff the caters to the needs of the guests, and there are times when people have to wait, but the environment is inviting, the lobby features couches where a game of chess could be played, there is always coffee or hot chocolate or tea in the breakfast room, so most don't mind if the only folk behind the counter is on a call or helping someone else. When checking in I was invited behind the counter to a comfortable chair near Chris so we could go over the details of my stay and payment could be made. I was given a key and shown where my room, in the 13 room lodge was, and also shown the spa, hot tubs, game room and breakfast room. As my stay was extended I would have the opportunity to utilize all the ammedies the lodge had to offer. My room had a king size bed with 5 pillows arranged so as to welcome me. It also had a good sized tv, a private bath and a sitting area. Over the course of my stay I saw two weddings and a family reunion. People came up to the front desk often and asked many diverse questions. Chris was always ready with an answer. He recommended hiking spots for people, gave them options for lunch near by (if they didn't happen to be with the group that was utilizing the Colombine room, a full size kitchen with seating and utensils for 80), recommendations for day trips or activities near by. There is an in house restaurant that is open 7 nights for dinner only which was also highly recommended by Chris. I enjoyed dinner there 4 times during my visit. As our stay was extended we also got to use the park area for a cookout and had friends over. We included Chris who graciously joined us. We also saw how lovely the park could be decorated for a wedding.

Room Tip: Each room in the lodge offers views of the sun rising over the mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thanks for the kind words! We enjoyed your visit as well. And come back soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Just finished our 5th stay in one of the condos at the Silverpick. It's about 1/2 hour up (literally) the road from downtown Durango, so you can do all the attractions that Durango offers but also have a quiet day (and very quiet night) when you choose. The property backs up against the bottom of beautiful cliffs, and nature abounds. From our deck, we watch the many birds, chipmunks, rabbits, and marmots that call the area home. This year we hung a hummingbird feeder and watched as many as six at a time come for a drink.
The condo we rented has a fully-equipped kitchen, so we bought groceries in Durango so we didn't need to go out for each meal. But the on-site restaurant is one of the best upscale restaurants in the Durango area, with spectacular views of the nearby peaks. We always make time for at least one special dinner there.

Room Tip: Strongly recommend condos if your budget allows. Peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Silverpick, Owner at Silverpick Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Thank you for your kind words about your visit to the condominiums. Hope you can make it back again for year 6!