All reviewslake dillonarapahoe cafesummit countygreat hot tubeggs and sausagearapahoe basinceiling fancopper mountainski lockersski triprooms are cleanbreakfast roomrestaurants within walking distancehot breakfastfree breakfastyogurtwe've stayed
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We were very pleased when we arrived at this hotel. The setting had beautiful views of the mountains and Lake Dillon. There are a few restaurants close by and the outlets are about a mile away. Downtown Frisco was a couple of miles away, but worth a visit--nice shops and restaurants. Our room was large, had two very comfortable queen beds, with nice sheets. The bathroom was very roomy and updated. They have ski lockers in each building, which was very convenient. They offered a nice warm breakfast in the main building. Overall we were very pleased and hope to return in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cazandkim
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Best Western Ptarmigan Lodge during January 2013. Our room was very clean and comfortable and there was a limited view of the lake from the balcony. The facilities seemed to be very well kept especially for one located in a snow/ski area. There were lockers for equipment storage available to the guests in our building. The breakfast was average and the dining area is small, however this was only a problem on one of our mornings when we showed up late with the younger crowd. My girlfriend had several requests which were all handled by the staff. She was very happy with the young lady's on the day and evening shifts. We did not have an opportunity to use the hot tub or even see the facility during our visit. I have stayed in several other hotels in the area and would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Lots of variety at Dillon but much better to have a lake view than a freeway view down in Silverthorne.Rooms are clean, warm and have all you need. Breakfast is good but does get busy at times. If you want to ski Breckenridge but also Vail and Beaver Creek you had better stay in Dillon. The Ptarmigan is the best place in Dillon.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank DaveHolbrook
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed at this location for 1 night. This night happened to be New Years Eve. Around 7:30pm the people across the hall from us started becoming really loud. They were in the hall way going back and forth between two rooms next to each other leaving the doors open and taking over the hall. It was a group of 20 something friends. They were drinking, cursing and arguing. It went on for some time so I decided to call the front desk. I called at least 4 times and no one answered. I eventually called the 800 reservation line to see if I could get some assistance. I was told someone should be there so I tried again, 10 minutes later someone finally answered. I explained what was going on. The lady said she would have someone go take a look. I monitored how long it took until someone arrived. An hour passed and no one came. A short time later the group making the noise left and all was fine. I am extremely disappointed that the hotel staff made no effort to quite the group. My 8 and 10 year old boys were not able to hear the TV in our room because the people in the hall wear so loud. Even worse they had to hear all the cursing and arguing.

The room itself was clean and comfortable but unfortunately the poor customer service really upset me and because of that I will not recommend this property.

Room Tip: Building 3 does not have a microwave.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The rooms were very clean (my wife commented on how clean the bathtub was).
The folks at the front desk were great, and so was the service.
The location was very close to many restaurants, outlet stores and close to many ski areas.
The continental breakfast was very good.
We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family