“pleasantly surprised”

The Oceanaire Seafood Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oceanaire Seafood Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 3,325 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Description: The Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy the freshest seafood flown in daily from around the world. Our knowledgeable staff will delight you with exceptional service - guiding you through the wide variety of items on our menu and helping you select the perfect wine to complement your meal. You'll find out why The Oceanaire has been voted one of the best seafood restaurants in the country.
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Great location. The sommelier was chatty and knowledgeable. It wasn't so loud you couldn't talk to your table mate and the food...really excellent. The salmon w/feta and other goodies was perfectly cooked, the seafood salad was huge. Unique flavors, nice wine list (pricey) and excellent service. It's what I would expect from this price tag but I'd heard mixed comments and went with few expectations so was pleasantly surprised. Bon appetite!

Reviewed 13 December 2016

I am a crab cake snob. Oceanaire has some of the best crab cakes I have ever eaten in my life. The food at this place is always the best!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Excellent food; attentive waiters who are friendly and engaging and made our time very special with a house hors derve for our table and a Baked Alaska dessert on the house!

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Oceanaire is pretty pricey. So what do you get for the money? Let me begin by saying I was with a group of 13, and most restaurants including Oceanaire try to cover a group like that with only one waiter, which means inevitably poor service. It took 20 minutes to get cocktails delivered from the bar. I had to order a double to get a barely decent amount of scotch whiskey. The shrimp and grits appetizer was good, and others in my group enjoyed the calamari and the boiled shrimp cocktail. The bread is served warm--a treat. The menu is reasonably diverse (although my own tastes run to Gulf Coast seafood, none of which can be found on the Oceanaire menu). The barramundi "black and bleu" was quite good. The desserts were large but pedestrian. We wound up spending a lot of money for okay food. Based on the value received, I wouldn't go back. In the same genre Truluck's is a much better restaurant.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Being a CO native, I have been to a lot of restaurants in Denver but wanted to try something new for a recent birthday. As we were seated, we saw Bob Costas and Chris Collinsworth having dinner so we figured it was a good choice. The booth was great but as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, there is something just a little off with the lay out. But I was not overly concerned as I wanted some SEAFOOD! Our waiters "helper" promptly introduced himself (cannot remember his name...but very nice younger guy with longer blond hair) and got water rolling. Our waiter Cooper, then introduced himself and explained the menu...which was quite helpful...as the "simply prepared" section is a bit confusing on its face. We ordered a bottle of wine, asked for bread and put in an order for a 1/2 dozen Kumamoto oysters and some shrimp cocktail...and this is where I have to start moving away from the 5 stars...Cooper incorrectly informed me that they were out of Kumamoto's which he tried to cover by mentioning "they get oysters daily so it is always changing". This is a pricey, very popular oyster...you should know if you have them. The table behind us, that was seated after us got bread and drinks before we did...but it could have been because I had to ask for bread again... The oysters and shrimp cocktail were a LONG time coming but were definitely exceptional once they arrived. Our wine bottle was accidentally knocked over by another customer and was replaced with a "flight" of wine rather than replacing the bottle. I did not make a big deal of it, but it felt "cheap" for a restaurant like this. But I am guessing there are some tighter restrictions since it is part of a chain. The pork belly and scallops was outstanding and we finished it off with fresh baked cookies and whole milk. Overall, this place is really good. Hopefully, if I go back, they have tightened up the service a bit so I can give it a 5.

1  Thank Jkean

Been to The Oceanaire Seafood Room? Share your experiences!