“Chicken Fajita Burrito is Awesome!”
Review of La Fogata Dtc

La Fogata Dtc
Ranked #643 of 3,436 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to La Fogata for well over 10 years. I used to go to the one on Evans when our office was over there but now that they have the one in DTC off 225 and DTC blvd, I go there. The chicken fajita burrito is the best ever. The margaritas are huge and overall this is the best Mexican restaurant I have ever been to. The salsa and chips are delicious too. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Love it.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Service and food were great, and portions were enormous. Flavors and spices were strong and tasty. The restaurant was very loud though (this is the only time I've been there, so can't say if that is normal), and conversation was difficult. One strange thing -
when you walk in, there is a host desk, but no one there, and no sign telling you to wait, or seat yourself, or whatever. Not sure why the restaurant is staffed this way, but the hostess is only intermittently at the front desk. She also shows you to your table, and the night we were there was busing and cleaning tables also.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We found a coupon for this restaurant in a booklet at work. It’s been down the street from us all this time, but on a road we rarely ever drive down. We decided to give it a try. Sure glad we did! Nice looking restaurant and ambiance. Very welcoming staff. Service was fast, but not rushed. Restaurant was crowded, but asked if we’d like more time before ordering...to enjoy conversation along with chips and salsa. We live in the area, but would be a quick Lyft/Uber ride from surrounding hotels. Grand Hyatt DTC, Hilton Garden Inn, and Marriott. Food portions were generous, and prices were very reasonable. Glad we found this place, and will continue our patronage.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

La Fogata is very close to my temporary housing so I have been there a few time. I always sit at the bar and about half the time there are obnoxious (drunk) people at the bar and half the time very friendly nice people. The food is average to very good but not excellent.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We were seated quickly and someone was putting chips and salsa on our table asking us for a drink order before we got our jackets off. We asked for two draft beers listed on the happy hour menu at our table. We were told that they did not have any of them only bottled beer which was more expensive. It seemed strange to us. Why advertise something that was not available.

Our food order was again taken very quickly and we were surprised when minutes later our food was served. I ordered a burrito and my companion ordered some rellenos. The tacos were cold inside but my burrito was warm. The chips served to us seemed to be a bit stale too. I asked for additional salsa and received it quickly along with the hot sauce as well. The salsa appeared to be home made and quite good. For dessert we ordered a flan and again, it appeared quickly. Immediately thereafter, the check appeared. I waited until we were finished with our meal before paying the bill. Overall I would say the food was acceptable at best with nothing outstanding.

While there was nothing overt, I just had the feeling we were being rushed. This may not be true but it was the feeling I had nonetheless. We were in and out very quickly.

Will we visit here again? It is unlikely