“Downtown Denver”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #25 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Very close to the convention center and to the 16th Street Mall. There was a slight cleanliness issue in the bathroom, but otherwise the room was great. The staff was friendly, and very willing to help with any need. I would think for the price there would be continental breakfast available, or fruit at least for purchase in the store, but the coffee shop was a plus. Overall, a good stay. I would go back if needed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
crtorsleff, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear ksuddut,

We appreciate your recent review and can not thank you enough for the kind remarks about staff. We apoligize you experienced any cleanliness issues during your stay and would be delighted to here from you for more details. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I had some business in the Denver area and chose to stay in the city. What a great choice! The hotel location was perfect - very central and close to many restaurants and the 16th street walkway.

The service was absolutely great - both in the restaurant/bar and with the valet. Everytime I got my car out they checked to make sure where I was going. They welcomed me when I returned and were great at answering questions.

I also liked that they had pre-printed maps/directions to place that are requested often. Even the new girl at the desk immediately asked her colleagues when she was not sure of a answer.

The breakfast in the restaurant is excellent - fresh berries, make to order eggs/pancakes/omelets, coffee cake, cereals, etc and a good staff to go along with it.

Definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Denver - suburbs or city!

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear likes2bike,

We appreciate your recent review and can not thank you enough for the kind remarks about our hotel location and service we provided you in Pi Kitchen+Bar and at Valet. Your comments about our team is exactly what we strive for everyday. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Although I found the parking rather costly, I did appreciate the service provided by the attendants. They were always very friendly and prompt in getting our car.

Also, our stay was somewhat unique as I had two separate reservations for the two nights we were at the hotel. One night was a Hilton Honours points stay and the second night was a Hilton promotional certificate stay. The front desk people were very friendly and very accommodating. They set up our file with notes so that we did not have to check out and then check back in. We could leave all our things in the room for the day, which was important as we were leaving early to go skiing and then returning to attend the hockey game. The only thing we had to do (as stated by the staff upon check-in) was to have our room keys reactivated upon our return from skiing.

The hotel was very busy on the days we were there the your staff handled our situation impeccably! Very friendly, very accommodating! Nice Job!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
crtorsleff, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear DOUGE66 ,

On behalf of the entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown thank you for your recent review. We are glad our team took great care of you and thank you for the wonderful remarks about our front desk and valet staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn property in downtown Denver for the weekend. If you want easy access to either the Convention Center or the Denver Performing Arts Center, this HGI’s location can’t be beat. The Convention Center is about 2 blocks away, the DPAC about 4, Denver Pavilions about 2 or 3, and if you need any groceries, there is a King Souper’s about a 10 minute walk away. The immediate area looks plenty safe. Some may not care much if they have to walk all over downtown but I think some of my companions weren’t acclimating to the altitude so the convenient location made things easier. Also, the hotel has a 100% no smoking policy.

My room was very nice, good sized, clean-smelling, and had a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron & ironing board, and blow dryer. The weekend I was in, they changed the already big flat panel T.V. to an even bigger one. There is a basic set of cable channels and a variety of pay for view options. I had no issues with the wi-fi or the wired (Ethernet) internet access. The shower was hot and strong. My room was very quiet during my stay with very little sound from the neighbors or from the street below. There is a good quarter inch gap from the bottom of my hall door to the floor so I could hear anything and everything in the hallways but everybody on my floor must have been keeping similar hours to me since I didn’t really notice that much hallway noise. Some may find the refrigerator sound a little distracting but I didn’t.

The hotel’s lobby was pretty basic so it’s not really the place where you meet and entertain guests. I think I noticed a small diner and a restaurant just off the lobby but I didn’t try either. The front desk staff was courteous, efficient, and eager to accommodate guests. The valet staff likewise – even trying to anticipate guest needs. Because of the weather, the smokers didn’t really go off the property to puff away but stood right outside the door so the cigarette stink did come into the lobby sometimes.

My bottom line is that for convenient access to events in the downtown area near the Convention Center this Hilton property is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
crtorsleff, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear J13345,

We thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and its great location during your stay in Denver. We also appreciate the kind remarks about our front desk and valet team members. Hopefully you will be back again soon!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel was within walking distance of 16th Street and across the street from the Convention Center. Also within walking distance of the Mint. Parking was very expensive at the hotel, but if you are willing to walk a few blocks you can find overnight lots that aren't too bad. The front desk staff and valets were extremely kind and helpful. They were able to provide recommendations and directions. There is no free breakfast, but there is a restaurant and a little coffee shop in the lobby (although I'd recommend one of the numerous Starbucks' if you have time because it wasn't great). The room was nice and clean, perfectly suited for our needs. It had a refrigerator, microwave and free wifi. We had no noise issues even though we were near the elevator. I would stay here again if I needed to be downtown.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
crtorsleff, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Dear ellen2321,

We thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown. We are happy that our front desk and valet staff took excellent care of you. I appreciate the feedback on the coffee shop, so we can continue to improve our services in every department. Come back and visit us again soon!