“Walking distance to Convention Center and Performing Arts Center”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #25 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn property in downtown Denver for the weekend. If you want easy access to either the Convention Center or the Denver Performing Arts Center, this HGI’s location can’t be beat. The Convention Center is about 2 blocks away, the DPAC about 4, Denver Pavilions about 2 or 3, and if you need any groceries, there is a King Souper’s about a 10 minute walk away. The immediate area looks plenty safe. Some may not care much if they have to walk all over downtown but I think some of my companions weren’t acclimating to the altitude so the convenient location made things easier. Also, the hotel has a 100% no smoking policy.

My room was very nice, good sized, clean-smelling, and had a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron & ironing board, and blow dryer. The weekend I was in, they changed the already big flat panel T.V. to an even bigger one. There is a basic set of cable channels and a variety of pay for view options. I had no issues with the wi-fi or the wired (Ethernet) internet access. The shower was hot and strong. My room was very quiet during my stay with very little sound from the neighbors or from the street below. There is a good quarter inch gap from the bottom of my hall door to the floor so I could hear anything and everything in the hallways but everybody on my floor must have been keeping similar hours to me since I didn’t really notice that much hallway noise. Some may find the refrigerator sound a little distracting but I didn’t.

The hotel’s lobby was pretty basic so it’s not really the place where you meet and entertain guests. I think I noticed a small diner and a restaurant just off the lobby but I didn’t try either. The front desk staff was courteous, efficient, and eager to accommodate guests. The valet staff likewise – even trying to anticipate guest needs. Because of the weather, the smokers didn’t really go off the property to puff away but stood right outside the door so the cigarette stink did come into the lobby sometimes.

My bottom line is that for convenient access to events in the downtown area near the Convention Center this Hilton property is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
crtorsleff, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear J13345,

We thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and its great location during your stay in Denver. We also appreciate the kind remarks about our front desk and valet team members. Hopefully you will be back again soon!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel was within walking distance of 16th Street and across the street from the Convention Center. Also within walking distance of the Mint. Parking was very expensive at the hotel, but if you are willing to walk a few blocks you can find overnight lots that aren't too bad. The front desk staff and valets were extremely kind and helpful. They were able to provide recommendations and directions. There is no free breakfast, but there is a restaurant and a little coffee shop in the lobby (although I'd recommend one of the numerous Starbucks' if you have time because it wasn't great). The room was nice and clean, perfectly suited for our needs. It had a refrigerator, microwave and free wifi. We had no noise issues even though we were near the elevator. I would stay here again if I needed to be downtown.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
crtorsleff, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Dear ellen2321,

We thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown. We are happy that our front desk and valet staff took excellent care of you. I appreciate the feedback on the coffee shop, so we can continue to improve our services in every department. Come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I'll make it simple: I stayed here for 5 days and the offered conditions were great. The room and WC had a lot of space and the lobby personal was quite nice.
I never had breakfast on the hotel, so I can't comment on it, but it seemed to have a fairly decent buffet price.
I did have a problem of my toilet getting stuck. I reported this to the reception when I left in the morning and when I came back at the end of the afternoon, everything was functioning just great.
The location of the hotel really helps, and I think it's a cheaper alternative to the Hyatt Regency just across the street.
On the 15th and Curtis St., you have Sam's no. 3, where you can get a really nice American breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Nuno_the_Curious,

We thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown. Our team prides itself on providing great service and a comfortable environment for every guest. I am glad our staff was helpful in assisting you during your stay and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

1st Time staying downtown Denver and this hotel was right in the middle of it all. I think I counted over 35 restaurants and bars in walking distance. Staff was very friendly and the room seemed new and very clean

Room Tip: Expect to vellet your vehicle---$28.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
crtorsleff, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear shawn22306,

We thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown. Our team prides itself on providing great service and a clean environment for every guest. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I had to stay in downtown Denver for business and my colleague picked this location. I'm glad he did as it was in a great location and I had a wonderful stay. The staff was very friendly and the room was very nice (and QUIET!!). The hotel is about a block off the 16th Street Mall, which was great. It is so easy to find a great place to eat or get a drink on the Mall. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and hope to do so soon.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Sc00terT,

We apreciate your recent review and can not thank you enough for the kind remarks about our hotel location and service we provided you. Your comments about our team is exactly what we strive for everyday. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!