“Very good sushi, great happy hour sushi prices”

Kobe An Shabu Shabu & Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Kobe An Shabu Shabu & Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #643 of 3,310 Restaurants in Denver
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The sushi Is very tasty, and they have an extensive list of sushi rolls at happy hour for $5. They also have wonderful hot pots

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I saw a blackboard with a special for $5 sushi 9 pieces. It seems like a really good deal especially since the food ordered was delicious. My one BIG COMPLAINT is the noise level gets incredibly loud. So much so that you can't really have a conversation and the waitress has to yell to be heard. More and more I want quiet. I'm fed up with really cool places being so loud. It has all hard surfaces and then on top of that they don't seem to get that loud music makes everybody louder. I would highly recommend the food only take earplugs and learn sign language because you won't hear the wait staff. I'm not being a baby but come on! think of the people that aren't 30ish.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I reviewed this place a couple years ago but they didn't have a sushi bar at the time. We visited again recently and were really impressed with the happy hour prices and the service. Our waiter was excellent and had several recommendations and alot of knowledge of the menu.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

My boyfriend and I were in Denver for the weekend and wanted to try a sushi place. We are from Alabama so we figured Denver would know what was up with real sushi. This place had great ratings so we decided to check it out. During the drive there, we spotted an ad for this place on a billboard. It said to mention the ad & get free beer! So that deal was true, we both got this free Japanese beer. The sushi was great. Since that's all we ate, our bill wasn't that high at all! I did not like the Japanese beer at all, but that was the only thing I didn't like. The location was great. It was right in the middle of a neighborhood, which is something we don't experience ever where I am from. It was very unique to me. There was floor-to-ceiling windows in the dining area. I loved it. We will visit again when I return to Denver.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Occasionally, it is fun to try something different. Until dining at this restaurant, I had never experienced a traditional Japanese hot pot meal. While it has some similarities to fondue, it is definitely a different experience.

With a party of 4, we were able to taste both the Shabu Shabu and the Sukiyaki. Our friendly server informed us that we could have a divided pan that could accommodate both varieties. To meet all of the dietary needs of our group, we ordered a large meat selection-rib eye choice grade plus a large special fish dish that included numerous types of fish. (see photo)

Our female server was extremely helpful when she explained different options and was very attentive throughout our meal.

We started with an order of sushi followed by the regular Miso soup.

It took a while for the Sukiyaki side to reach the appropriate temperature for cooking. Within no time, our group was cooking the vegetables, fish, and meat.

This type of cooking is fun to experience, but may not be appeal to everyone. The dipping sauces and broths have unique tastes. The raw egg sauce may also turn less adventuresome diners off.

If you're looking for something out of the ordinary in a friendly atmosphere, consider this healthy option that includes small amounts of protein with an array of fresh veggies. (see photos)