“Great Food, fast and healthy.”
Review of Kokoro

Kokoro
Ranked #577 of 3,325 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: USD 5 - USD 5
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I frequent this place and the other Kokoro restaurant in Arvada whenever I am close. The food is excellent and I have never had anything bad.

The sushi is made fresh daily and is better than some of the high end sushi places in Denver that I have visited. The variety may not be as extensive, but the taste, texture and quality is wonderful. Oh, did I say it was inexpensive? It is!

If you are going to have a party, I recommend the Sushi Party Platter. I always order them for any kind of party!

For healthy, you can get brown rice instead of white and many items are kind to your heart (kokoro) which also includes the mind, soul and spirit. The place is not fancy, but your kokoro will be estatic.

I can't tell you how many times I have visited every year, but there has never been any reqrets on anything I order!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

If I am not mistaken, this is Denver's oldest fast-food Japanese restaurant. I think I have eaten there off/on for probably 30 years. The staff are always cheerful and the food is consistently good.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We have been regulars since they opened 40-odd years ago with only a one-item menu. ("What would you like to drink with your bowl?")

Everything we have tried on the menu has been great, straight-forward, Japanese fast food. It might be be tailored a little to American tastes, but I would not know the difference. Price is getting a little higher, but still well worth the trip!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

At first glance Kokoro may seem like a shambly Denver pass up. However if you take the time to stop here and have one of their many fantastic, simple and fresh options you'll be coming back again. The staff is friendly and attentive- the drink menu is solid with everything from Japanese beer to Hot saki and the food is perfect for a quick lunch or casual dinner! My go-to is always the red bird chicken bowl however my sister swears by the vegetable bowl with curry. A must try if you want to see the real Denver scene.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I have been coming to Kokoro since I was a kid, but was recently back in town for a brief visit. Kokoro was one of the first restaurants on my list to visit, and I was not disappointed. Their gyoza is just as delicious as ever!