“Delivery food that's not pizza”
Review of Thai Basil

Thai Basil
Ranked #915 of 3,325 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I cannot remember the last time I got delivery other than pizza. I was busy until late and didn't want to go out, so I thought I would give this a try.

I ordered the Sesame chicken with fried rice and spinach/crab wantons. The food arrived to my hotel faster than I expected and was still really hot. While the sauce part of the main dish was a bit watery, it was really good. The rice was perfect and the wantons were still hot and had not gotten soggy from the drive over in the container.

Overall, I thought the food was very good for the cost and I would do again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

Ordered from here this past week. I had combo fried rice, coconut shrimp, and a spring roll. The coconut shrimp quite good, the spring roll and peanut sauce bland and nearly shrimpless, and the combo fried rice less than memorable, in fact really bland. Sure take out food faced some, but there was no great flavor at the outset.

Not sure I would go back. Also, no sense of urgency by the staff, just kind of sleepwalking through a busy lunch time.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

I had takeout, so the food suffered, but I'd describe it as less than mediocre. It seemed pretty fresh but the dishes were made with the bare minimum of ingredients. Thai spring rolls were stuffed with 80% noodles with a few greens and a shrimp or two. Almost no seasoning. A noodle dish with chicken egg and broccoli was stuck together due to very little sauce, and had three pieces of broccoli on top. I doubt if there's anyone in that kitchen who knows how to cook Thai food. It's more like cheap storefront Asian.

Reviewed 15 July 2015

After reading what they put in their noodle bowls, we opted for sesame chicken and kung pao chicken. Nothing to write home about. Friendly attentive waitress. Good eggroll, sesame chicken was a bit bland.

Reviewed 20 April 2015

I rarely go to a Thai restaurant unless I am in Thailand...but every so often my wife gets a craving for Thai food. This is our restaurant of choice when she wants Thai. Service has always been very good and the food is very good as well.