“Delicious”
Review of Ellyngton's

Ellyngton's
Reserve with OpenTable
Ellyngton's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 3,301 Restaurants in Denver
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Broadway & Tremont Place
Transit: Bus: Civic Center; Light Rail: 18th & California
Description: Recognized as home of the power breakfast and lunch, Ellyngton's serves creative cuisine with attentive and thoughtful service. Expansive windows make it the perfect place to see and be seen. Ellyngton's Champagne Brunch Lavish buffet tables feature our culinarian's best, including artful and delicious offerings from the hotel's own bakery. Choose from four tiers: just brunch, Domaine Chandon, Moet et Chandon, and Dom Perignon. Advanced reservations highly recommended.Monday - FridayBreakfast: 7:00 am - 11:00 amLunch: 11:30 am - 2:00 pmSaturdayBreakfast Only: 7:00 am - 11:00 amSundayBreakfast Only: 7:00 am - 10:00 am
Reviewed 23 January 2016

Service and food are outstanding! You feel like home as soon as you entered the gates to Ellyngton´s. Thank you Jerome, Ed and Anthony for your wonderful service.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

My sister and I splurged on my mom's 60th birthday with a girls morning to the Brown Palace Brunch. The experience was great overall. We were seated promptly and the wait staff was very very attentive (almost too much at times). My sister often felt they "hovered" a bit too much but I found it charming and added to the experience (frequent refills on orange juice, refolding our napkins every time we got up, etc). The buffet does not look like a ton until you start walking in the triangle shape of it. We were very happy with it! My mom especially loved all the seafood offerings. Overall, the restaurant is beautiful and has a nice atmosphere. Next time we will call to make the reservation and request a certain area of the restaurant. We were tucked more so in the back and at times it felt claustrophobic. However, the shape of the room does not make it feel crowded.

The food met the standards I was hoping for! I loved everything I tried! The menu posted online is accurate and gives you a good overall feel of what to expect. As someone who has done the Broadmoor Brunch a couple of times I felt it was close but overall not quite up to their level. However, in my opinion, the desserts at the Brown Palace were better! They were separate from the brunch in terms of the layout so for us we had to walk quite a bit further to get to it than everything else. I loved every one I tried from their cheesecake to the small eclairs and cream puffs!

In the future I would budget to make a weekend out of it and stay at the hotel. I am also excited to do their afternoon tea (its been about 10 years since I last did it). The whole set up and food we saw as we walked out looked amazing!

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

We stopped here for an impromptu quick lunch before flying home to NY and boy were we surprised and delighted. This would dazzle in midtown Manhattan by most of the toughest critics.

The food, decor, ambience and service were all amazing.

Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

This is one of those places for me that is better thinking about than doing. Better to be able to say I have been to than being ready to go back again.

The food was very good. But, like most buffets, it was simply too much. For me, the beauty was lost in the quantity. It was like it was a challenge to eat enough to make up,for the $53. cost, champagne extra.

The fresh fruit and cheeses were very well prepared and of high quality. The smoked salmon was delicious. The beef and pork roasts were simply, "Wow!"

The omelette station was well stocked and the cook was engaging. Too much oil used nearly ruined the results. The desert bar was good enough but not as special as others. The Bananas Foster was special.

Service was attentive and polite though a couple servers seemed to be "over" the specialness of the brunch. The gentleman Seaton the reservations was aloof and rather unpleasant.

This is a special hotel and worth the visit. The brunch is special as well.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Wonderful food and professional service you can't get hardly anywhere, anymore. I enjoyed some great eggs Benedict for breakfast.

Been to Ellyngton's? Share your experiences!