“Prices go up portions should go up.”
Review of Black-eyed Pea

Black-eyed Pea
Ranked #446 of 3,436 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2017

My family and I have eaten or had take out from the black Eyed Pea for many years. I ordered take out for us on 6-16-17. Well the food was not what it has been in the past. It lacked favor, I got my grand daughter the kid's pot roast and it seems that the portion has shrunk, with her meal she wanted a baked sweet potato and it was not cooked all the way through. I got Chicken fried steak it did not seem to have much flavor at all. My wife got chicken fingers and she even said they were not that good. I was talking to the person at the bar and she told me that the kids meal had gone from $4.99 to $5.99 because the food distributor's raised there prices. Well if you raise your prices in crease the portion size as well. It is like the grocery store, Ice cream used to come in a half gallon container now it is a quart and a half and the price is the same.

Come on Blacked Eyed Pea get with the program. The black eyed pea has been a Denver staple for more that 30 years don't let it go down hill.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Where else can you get a good chicken fried steak or a turkey dinner that tastes like you would have made it yourself. Nothing fancy about the place but just helpful staff and decent food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Oversized burrito but that's a good thing didn't finish in one say finsh the second day very good not enough eggs I'd say 2 eggs too many hash brown I'd say 1cup very tasty though bacon ham and sausage cheese onions I'd give it a 4 star

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I arrived after a long flight, hungry and tired. The lady who greeted me was the nicest person. The staff was friendly, the food was really good. I had the pot roast, mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and EVERYTHING tasted as if it was cooked in my wife's kitchen. Prices are reasonable.

Also they provide you with rolls, cornbread and honey.

I wanted to take a shot at the deserts, but lunch didn't leave any room for cobbler or the a sundae.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The Service was very good. We were greeted immediately after we entered.
We were very hungry and the Waitress was ready to take our order. I enjoyed the Chicken fried steak with peas and a Sweet potato. The Sweet potato was done just right and the chick fried steak was cooked well also.

It was very nice meal

Been to Black-eyed Pea? Share your experiences!