“Excellent seafood and service”
Review of Jax Fish House

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 17th & Wazee
Transit: Union Station, Light Rail and Market St Bus Depot are all less than 2 blocks away!
Description: The longstanding LoDo favorite serves up the ocean's freshest and finest, ranked Top 25 Best Seafood Restaurants in America by Travel + Leisure Magazine. The Jax crew sources dock-to-door and works closely with local farmers and purveyors on a daily basis. Consistently named the "Best Seafood Restaurant in Denver", Jax LoDo continues to exceed expectations. Come in and experience what unconditional hospitality feels like!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place is great. Before visiting, it’s best to try doing a quick online reservation, if possible. The oysters and fish entrees were delicious. The service was excellent too. They forgot a couple drinks in our party, but the waiter checked back often enough to quickly remedy the situation—no harm done. I recommend the raw oysters and also the salmon entree (medium rare). I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Went Valentines Day and the meal was awful. My scallops were peppercorn packed in my opinion to hide the fact they were under cooked. My wife's snapper meal came complete with some kind of unidentifiable rubber thing. That made us laugh. Her snapper was drown in spices masking the snapper's flavor. It was NOT romantic due to the noise level unless you don't mind shouting. The only things good? Oysters and service. Overall totally not worth the $250 we dropped for two people. Good luck!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

If there is a special for the day--take it. We had the best meal of our lives here. Oysters are fresh, seafood is exceptional and their creativity in their daily specials--oh I wish I was there now. All of the waitstaff have an incredible amount of knowledge on where their food is coming from and why its being prepared in such a loving way. We brought a friend that doesn't love seafood and even she was taken aback at the options available. They are friendly and everyone seems so happy working there. I recommend sitting at the bar so you can see the masters at their work plating these dishes.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

We were in Denver for a quick weekend trip and booked Jax for dinner - we arrived a bit early and found a spot at the bar for a pre dinner drink, and we ended up eating there as well. The service was quick, the oysters were yummy, and our meals were amazing. It's a small place - but worth it - so make a reservation!

Reviewed 16 December 2017

My son and I went to Jax prior to a hockey game at the Pepsi Center. We were there for happy hour. They have a great selection of beers. Oysters were absolutely delicious… Expressions anything I have had in Denver. All of the appetizers were delicious as well. I will make this place a regular.

Been to Jax Fish House? Share your experiences!