“Great casual ”

Ranked #658 of 3,325 Restaurants in Denver
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

We really enjoyed dinner here. The waiter was very nice and the food was excellent. We love NOLA and found the food at Gumbo's very comparable to what you will find near the French Quarter.

Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

I love this place, the gumbo is absolutely delicious and it's even better with the toasted bread and garlic butter yummy

Reviewed 28 June 2015

The restaurant has been around for a while but recently moved to 17 st from downtown. It is a great addition to our restaurant row on 17 th avenue. I had the pulled pork sandwich dressed with some of the best gumbo I've had anywhere. The service is spot on and the food is like being in the crescent city.. Try it and you will be back for more

Reviewed 23 June 2015

Once again the food was over the top. The dirty rice all by its self is great . I had blackened catfish that was fabulous. My wife had crab cakes that were the best ever. We also had a special request of the chef and he made our absolute favorite dish in the world. Crawfish Eddy. This dish is some of the best food I have ever tasted. Gumbos is a spot that you cannot go bad at.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

Looking for a light dinner before attending a lecture at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, we found Gumbo's. The location, just east of City Park, on 17th,near the intersection of Park Avenue is perfect for attending a lot of venues, including those in downtown Denver, also. Reasonably priced, well prepared foods in an upscale casual dining environment is what you'll find. There is a very extensive Happy Hour (5:00 - 6:30pm) menu; a couple of these dishes met my needs for a light dinner. The gumbo itself is fantastic, as was BBQ shrimp and roasted brussel sprouts. The po'boy sandwiches off the regular menu exceeded the memories we had of enjoying New Orleans food there. Service was a bit spotty, but overall we had a great eating experience.

Been to Gumbo's? Share your experiences!