“Good service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wazee
Transit: We are half a block from the lower downtown RTD station.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had lunch at The Kitchen. Our salmon salad was nice, but not special. The wine we had chosen was good. Service was very good, friendly and efficient. Prices are on the high side for the quality, but that is probably because of the prime location on 16th Street.

Neill B, General Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Great to hear that you enjoyed the wine and service. Our team will look at our prices, thank you for the comment. Thanks again for the review and hope to see you back in soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner after it being recommended.

Took 45 minutes for the starters to arrive. King crab and the ricotta tart. Not worth the wait. Not remotely fresh, insipid and tasteless.

Main course of Halibut was however delicious. Seemed as though it came from a different restaurant. Could not fault this dish.

They did not charge for the starters, so got points for that

Neill B, General Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

So sorry to hear about your dining experience with us, especially regarding the wait and food. I apologize that the food did not meet your expectation and took more than acceptable to get to your table. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Feedback is crucial to us learning from our mistakes and growing. I will make sure to share with the team so we can prevent this in the future. If you do decide to try us again please feel free to contact me directly at neillblackwood@thekitchen.com. I would love the opportunity to try and make it up to you. Thank you again and I hope I hear from you.

Neill Blackwood
The Kitchen Denver

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit (we were here 6 years ago). We were excited to return. Sadly, the service was OK. We each had a cocktail and would have liked to order a glass of wine when our dinner came, but our waitress disappeared until we were nearly finished.
We each had the greens salad - dressing very gods but it was $12 for a plain, normal-sized salad. We each had the bolognese, which had the right amount of spice, but again $19 for pasta with meat sauce.
Disappointed compared to our last visit. Tasty but not GREAT. :(

Neill B, General Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Jane thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. I am sorry to hear that this visit did not match up to the last one especially where service is concerned. I will make sure to share with the staff so we can grow and learn from this. I hope you give us a third chance. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at neillblackwood@thekitchen.com. I would love to make your next experience mirror why you came back to us in the first place. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you.

Neill Blackwood
The Kitchen Denver

Reviewed 29 July 2018

My grown daughter and I stopped in Denver for lunch on our way across the USA. We sat outside since it was a warm, sunny summer day. I got the falafel plater, which was excellent and my daughter got the salmon salad. She forgot to mention to put the dressing on the side, which would have made it better so she could put on only the amount of dressing she wanted (it came with too much dressing, which made the greens a bit wilty. All in all though, she enjoyed her meal as well

Mark thank you for stopping in our restaurant on the way across the USA. I also appreciate your kind words on the falafel and service. I hope next time you are in Denver you will stop on by. Best on the trip and hope to see you back in.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We dropped in because we couldn't find the restaurant we were looking for, with a very happy result. Good service. The menu is simple, which I like. Shorter menus mean better quality in my book. I had the Flatbread, but it was more like a Falafel taco. Very tasty. I added chicken, but didn't need to, it was a lot of food. My friend had the salmon which she said was perfectly prepared. The flatbread came with fries which I never get excited about, but honestly they were the best fries I've had in years.

Neill B, General Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank you so much for dropping in after not being able to find the restaurant you were really looking. We really appreciate that you liked the simple menu, "falafel taco", fries and good service. We hope you get a chance to come back in soon.