“Disappointed”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #299 of 3,482 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Description: Tupelo Honey is a revival of Southern food and traditions rooted in the Carolina Mountains we call home. We craft brunches, lunches and suppers that bring family and friends around the table and allow for conversations and cocktails to linger longer than usual.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was disappointed by my latest visit to Tupelo Honey. I ordered the chicken avocado sandwich without bread and asked that it be put on lettuce. They prepared it as requested, but I have to say, the plate was unappealing as it looked like they slopped the the sauce on the lettuce and dumped the slightly-too-done chicken on top. I was also disappointed that it was not slices of avocado, but mashed avocado - not sure if it was supposed to be guacamole, but it didn't taste particularly fresh. The french fries we incredibly average and tasted like they were out of a bag. For $16, I expect more. I also had brussels sprouts, and those were good.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We tried Tupelo Honey for Easter brunch. it was our first trip to Denver's new southern cuisine destination. We were very pleased with all the aspects of this very cool new eatery. Our server, Grayson, was actually from Tupelo Mississippi. (What are the odds of that!) His gracious demeanor and oozing southern charm added to our overall dining pleasure. The food definitely reflects a southern flair and is very good!
Try this place and you'll be glad you did.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Been trying to get here for a while and it was worth the effort. The blackberry habanero sauce was amazing and the grilled okra was delightful. Drink menu was fun and had some creative twists on old favorites. Atmosphere is a great mix of light and airy with warm and inviting. Just north of Union Station, Tupelo is in the heart of it all without feeling cramped or uppity. Service was professional and attentive.

1  Thank WonderingMomma
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We were a half hour late getting seated from our original reservation time. Manager and hostess apologizes and gave us appetizers at no charge. Excellent food and staff wonderful place we will be back again. Southern fair style of food.

1  Thank johnlL9269VE
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are here because we could not get into any restaurants on a Saturday night in LoDo Denver without a long wait. We were pleasantly surprised, this restaurant was fun, unpretentious, and the food was amazing. My husband had the popular fried chicken dish with sides and I had the southern fried chicken salad. Ask for the spicy honey on the side - it was delicious! We sat at the bar and had delightful conversation with the bartender. She added a lot of insight of living in Denver, and just made the overall experience top notch. Will definitely go back next time in Denver!

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Tupelo Honey? Share your experiences!