“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Denver
Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

Located walking distance from 16th Street Mall for easy access to shopping and restaurants. This hotel employs the friendliest and happiest staff. Everyone is smiling, courteous and gracious. The service at this hotel is above and beyond. The food in the restaurant is very good. The rooms are fully equipped, clean & very comfortable. They offer enourmous bath towels - loved it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank 33rigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

First the pro's: The location was great - just a few blocks from the 16th st mall and cute boutiques + amazing restaurants. The bed was extremely comfortable, great Aveda products in the bathroom, turn-down service, relatively clean rooms and polite staff at the restaurant and front desk.
Con's: My room was extremely loud - I could hear the elevator dinging at all hours of the night, toilets flushing above and beside me, the outdoor noise came right through the window and the air conditioner made a stranger wheezing noise for 30 seconds every time it would shut off after reaching correct room temp. There was dental floss left hanging in the shower from previous guest and odd red stains on the window curtains. Lastly, the bell-hops were friendly however, on MORE than one occasion mentioned that, while they couldn't solicit tips, they were welcome (so basically asking for it). I was staying here because I had traveled for work and needed my car frequently - however, was not inclined to tip for extra service when when bell-hop told me 'oh don't worry it's just my job' when he held the front door open.
Also, while restaurant food was delicious, it's ridiculously over-priced. Go down the road to Larimer St and eat at Osteria Marco for AMAZING pizza!

Probably will not stay here again but would recommend it for a quick trip through Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank slr1017
Silverthorne, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

From the moment I arrived at Valet parking I was treated to some of the best, friendliest, attentive service I have received. Everyone from the valet and bell staff to the room service made an effort to remember my name and my preferences. The restaurant staff was excellent at the David Taylor. We did have a bad experience at the Prima Restaurante with VERY bad service. But once the staff found out about it they went out of the way to make it up to us.
The room was lovely. Some may think it was small but this is a boutique hotel. It is quite comparable to what you would find in an excellent hotel in Europe. Loved the large soaker tub separate from the shower. If I have to find any criticism at all - the closet needs to be bigger. Overall a great trip to downtown Denver.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PaoniaCatLady
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Our company was attending a conference at the Colorado Convention Ctr (2 blocks away) and we stayed at this beautiful boutique hotel with early 20th century charm. The Bell staff was top notch. They were a wealth of information when we were looking for dinner suggestions, and they delivered and picked us up in their Courtesy Car (4 & 5 of us) promptly. First Class service from these polite and professional young men. Carolyn, the Concierge, made sure all our needs were taken care of during our stay and arranged for the limo service to take all of us to the airport at the end of our stay. The limo serice arrived on time (actually early to load our bags) and they too were First Class.

The rooms are a little on the small side, but that's what you get in a boutique hotel. The shower in my room was like an amazon rain forrest, just awesome! The bedding is first class and I just melted into the sheets. My wireless (no charge) was right on and I had no connection issues.

Several of our co-workers were staying at "conference recommended" hotels, and they couldn't believe the service we were getting. They were paying $40 / $50 more at the Hyatt, Sheraton, etc., and had virutally nothing to say about their hotel accommodations, much less "courtesy transportation".

Get this, I never heard anyone in the rooms surrounding my room. Left, Right, Up, or Down! Amazing, since every place I've ever stayed, you can hear people, TVs, radios in the rooms around you. Maybe I was lucky. Quietest A/C ever. None of those below window contraptions that rattle and bang everytime the kick on/off.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Would I recommend Hotel Teatro? Goes with saying.
We're looking for another excuse to travel to Denver so we can stay here again.

Thank you Carolyn and your First Class staff!
MH, Little Rock, Arkansas

Room Tip: I stayed on 5th floor with view of 14th street.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hopkins, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Hotel Teatro is a charming boutique hotel with a fantastic downtown location. The thing that struck me the most was the service from its employees. The staff that worked the front door were so useful with information, we stopped and talked with them nearly every time we left. They gave me a great tip for my Super Shuttle ride back to the airport that saved an hour. They were very knowledgeable about the area. The room was clean and very nice, especially considering the price. The layout of the room was a bit awkward, but had everything we needed. The room was cleaned very quickly; we could return in the late morning and it would be finished. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It was convenient to the convention center, very convenient for the arts (next door to the Opera, etc). It was also about one block off the Cherry Creek Trail and a B-cycle station.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple