“Wonderful downtown location for reunions with family & friends”

Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Castle Rock, CO
“Wonderful downtown location for reunions with family & friends”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We reserved the entire b & b for our families and friends coming to Denver for our son's wedding. The owners and their staff could not have done more to make us feel welcome and comfortable our entire stay. The location is perfect! Historic and art districts as well as shopping and restaurants all within walking distance. The garden courtyard at the Queen Anne was the perfect place for an impromptu pizza party for our current and soon to be family members. We cannot say enough about how wonderful our stay here was. For many of our families, this was their first experience with a b & b. They are still talk about how much they enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Beautiful rooms and great breakfast. The Queen Anne is easy to get to using public transportation (airport bus or car rental). Its within walking distance of a quite a few good restaurants / coffee shops.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Hi - I live in Denver and self-designated to find accomodations. That was the easiest event planning I have ever done. I googled Denver B&B's. Queen Anne popped up first and I started reading about it. I thought this won't be possible. I'm sure it will be cost prohibitive like $300 a night for a room. Lo and behold It was NOT! And I was particularly attracted by the eco and art friendly attention to detail.

I hopped in the car, drove downtown and visited with Milan, the owner/chef. I was so excited. All interaction was pleasant, accomodating, and efficient right from the beginning with all staff. I interacted with them 3 times in the 4 months prior to event: 2 in person (1x to view and nail down specifics, 1x to leave another deposit only because I prefer doing business in person) and one call 3 weeks before guests arrived to give them a final head count and make sure things were ok.

From the beginning, no problem, very accomodating, no backtracking or changing plans, worked with my vision of event. We got put in one of the houses taking all four bedrooms. This would allow us to stay up late talking and moving from room to room. The artist suites are large, comfortable, king size beds, and separate sitting areas. Each has its own bath, shower and some with hot tub. I knew all the ladies could comfortably sleep 2 per room.

Included in price is complimentary Colorado wine and cheese at happy hour. We took advantage of that both nights sitting in the back garden area talking and sharing stories for hours. Nearby dining is very accessible and walkable if you are somewhat healthy and can walk.

My Catholic girlfriends were delighted to learn of a famous downtown Denver church having early mass on Sunday so they could walk there. We walked to Irish pub near baseball stadium - about a one mile walk, 16th street mall - about 1 mile, closer restaurants from a few blocks to 1/2 mile. Across the street and down a couple blocks is the Denver rent a bike center.

Very quiet at night, no problems sleeping on super comfy special mattresses - one of the few products not from Colorado. Breakfast delicious and filling. Typical European setup sans meat and cheese but with yogurt, fruit, juice, tea, coffee, milk, cereals, muffins and choice of a hot meal - all colorado, all vegetarian, as much from their local garden as possible. Huge round dining table makes it easy to chat and meet other guests.

In the morning I'd get up early and sit on the front porch facing east overlooking the park and read.
Why I like Queen Anne and Milan:
1) eco conscious
2) buy locally - Milan tried to use contractors to refurbish B&B who were within 5 to 10 miles
3) I Love B&B's and the possibility of meeting people
4) delicuous food grown on site or locally
5) gardens!! - gardens surround the houses
6) laid back - if you are into being uppity this is NOT the place
7) Nature lover! - a little natural habitat near heart of city - birds, squirrels, cherry trees, edible flowers, roses, some veggies
8) very walkable to light rail, restaurants, downtown, Denver rent-a-bike
9) Milan's enthusiasm and passion for what he is doing
10) Milan's contribution(s)! to the Denver art community, sustainable food community, and his own neighborhood.
11) sense of community - B&B's and especially Milan's are about sense of community. There is respect, common sense, and patience utilized at B&B's. I'm all for that and needing more of that in world!

Yes I'd return and I'd return for an individual stay. Girlfriends loved the attention, the uniqueness of the place. Friends coming from rural Nebraska were a bit surprised by cost. But for 2 women splitting a suite with king size bed they paid $105 a night. That included breakfast - I dare you to find a good breakfast with unlimited coffee and juice for under $15 with tax and tip in Denver. It also included Happy Hour. Again with appetizers and a drink or two you are looking at $15 with tax and tip. So I think $75 (estimate) for a room is fantastic especially within a mile of downtown.

Negatives: Trying to think of something to tell you. You may want meat for breakfast. It is vegetarian meals. You may want to make alot of noise in the middle of the night. Not a good idea since it is like living in a house. If you are not sure about B&B's have an open mind. If you love B&B's add this to your list. Not all my friends were enthused about the art in the rooms - they just didnt' like style. Patience with getting breakfast - one stove, one cook, one meal served at a time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Deb P
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I was extremely glad to find this B&B and am happy to share our great experience. We stayed in the Aspen Room, which was beautiful and well-appointed. The whole place has been recently renovated with attention to detail and green design. As an architect, I thought it was well done throughout. The location was perfect. It was easy to get everywhere we wanted to go and parking was included, which was nice.

All the staff were great. They showed us around the house, made recommendations for restaurants, and made us feel welcome and at home. They are a great resource for information about the area.

The garden/patio area is quite nice for enjoying a glass of wine or a wonderful breakfast (the spinach-feta-mushroom omelet was yummy). They also provided a happy hour spread with some nice local wines.

Some folks might not like carrying their bags up to the 3rd floor - so ask about that when you make your reservations. It didn't bother us, but I can imagine that some might not like that part. Given how gracious the host is, I'm sure that Milan would assist, as needed.

Bottom line...fabulous find. We look forward to another stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Aspen room and it was beautiful.