“Disappointed”
Review of Eastside Bistro - CLOSED

Eastside Bistro
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Specializing in eclectic American cuisine laced with Latin and French influences.Join us for an exceptional dining experience in our warm and intimate dining room which showcases the most spectacular views of Mt. Crested Butte and the surrounding mountains.Featuring the finest selections of:Elk ~ Buffalo ~ Beef ~ Lamb ~ Duck ~ Pork ~ and the Freshest Seafood with other nightly specials. On sundays we offer a classic Brunch with:Eggs Benedict ~ Banana Bread French Toast ~ Duck Confit Hash ~ and many other delicious choices
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We've been to Eastside Bistro before and loved it. Not this time. The waiter was terribly condescending, constantly calling me "MISS" (and making a big deal of it) and making a big fuss over every little thing, like bread. If the food and service is good, one doesn't need to be interrupted and questioned over and over. I ordered duck, usually my favorite. It was extremely tough and bland, served on top of undercooked bland chick peas. My husband said his beef dish was excellent. We ordered fruit crisp for dessert. There was no crisp. It seemed like we were taken advantage of, given the extremely high prices.

WesternCO, Owner at Eastside Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

I am so terribly sorry your last experience at the EastSide Bistro was so disappointing. I believe your server that night was new to the Bistro and was a bit inexperienced. I apologize that you felt he was being condescending and overbearing; I can only think he was a bit nervous. I truly apologize that your meal was not to our usual standards/what you are accustomed to at our establishment. We always welcome feedback and would have replaced your dish immediately if we had known it was not to your liking. We always strive to produce and create a wonderful experience from the service, to the ambiance, and most certainly the food. If a guest does not communicate that they are unhappy with any part of their dining experience we have no way of knowing our faults and subsequently fixing them or changing them. We please hope that you give us another opportunity to provide you with the wonderful experience you are accustomed to at the EastSide Bistro with your next visit to CB. Again, please accept my apology for a less than desirable evening.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

My girlfriends and I went to the East Side Bistro for brunch and it was fabulous. It was a nice day and we were able to sit on the back patio with the soothing sound of the waterfall and awesome view. I started off with a Manmosa and had the Royal Eggs Benedict; the eggs were cooked perfectly; there was just the right amount of snow crab and the hallondaise was delicious. The service was excellent and we really enjoyed ourselves. The following friday a friend and I returned to the East Side Bistro to celebrate my husbands birthday; and what a wonderful dining experience we had. Everything from the cocktails to dessert was supurb; the food was very well executed; cooked perfectly and the presentation was dynamic. Once again the service was fantastic. I highly recommend the East Side Bistro and cannot wait to go back!

WesternCO, Owner at Eastside Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

We are thrilled that you were able to visit us for both Brunch and Dinner! Yes, the views are wonderful from the dining room but to sit on our outdoor patio in the warm months is definitely something special. Thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

It was an absolute delight to have meal here. And it was not only the food that made the experience so great but also services and ambiance, which was impeccable. The attention to detail in the food and the service is consistently excellent. The warm and professional services make us feel comfortable and the restaurant has some of the best views in town. All dishes we had surpassed my expectations from entree to desserts. I cannot wait until I get to go back. This is a must try in Crested Butte.

It always is a wonderful thing when a guest has such an outstanding experience. We are so happy that everything met, if not exceeded, your expectations. We hope that you will dine with us again on your next trip to Crested Butte!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

This quaint and quiet restaurant not only has the best food in Crested Butte, but an awesome view of Mt. crested Butte. The quail melted in your mouth, and the rack of lamb was the best my husband has ever tasted. This place is a must for a wonderful dining experience in the Butte.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

welcome to flavor country! nice recommendations: a glass of Vinho Verde with my caesar salad, btw, the best caesar ive had in years, literally. the elk loin was delicious, accented with a black truffle flan, marvelous textures and flavors. no problem finding a great wine from the well styled wine list. the east side bistro could be one of the best choices you make while visiting this fun, quirky mountain town!

1  Thank chainless