New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Super 8 Colorado Springs/Chestnut Street
Super 8 Colorado Springs/Chestnut Street
Ranked #79 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Walnut Creek, California
“More Bang for your Buck!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my family in Dec. 2011. When we travel, the first thing we look for in a hotel is cleanliness. Let me tell you that this hotel was really clean. All the way from the lobby and public areas to the room and bathroom, we were impressed. The staff was courteous and helpful. The best thing was the price. we stayed in a room with two beds, with breakfast, wifi, micro, mini fridge, iron set, hair dryer included in the price. We stay in hotels all the time, but with all the ammenities included this was by far the cheapest. I would definitely recommend this hotel for all types of guests. Wether your just traveling through town or in the area as a tourist, this hotel is centrally located right off the Interstate. All the main attractions are within 20 minute driving distance.
The only thing they can work on is probably landscaping. Bottomline is, you cant go wrong by staying here. highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Monroe, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2010

The person at the front desk didn't ask for any credentials, not even a driver's license, upon check-in.

The motel was completely empty and they gave us the only room with no working air conditioner or plumbing. The beds felt like sheets laid over a bunch of springs and a piece of plywood - the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept on (and I can sleep in a car if I have to). We had to ask to change rooms. The manager was curteous about our request and accommodated us immediately, but a different person from the one who checked in requested the new room key and he still didn't ask for any credentials before handing over the room key..

The second room had working air conditioner and plumbing and the beds were much more comfortable, but there were blue and brown streaks on all of the walls. The bathroom was run-down, but clean. On one of the beds, the mattress cover and fitted sheet wouldn't stay on. We always ended up sleeping on bare mattress. They never gave us enough towels and washcloths and we always had to ask for more. On one of the days we stayed, the maid service came in, turned off our air conditioner and refrigerator, and didn't pull the door closed. We came back to the motel and our room was open and our food was spoiled. I told the manager about it and he was very apologetic and curteous.

Our room key never worked. We had to ask for a new room key every day.

The continental breakfast was ok, and the location is convenient. The price was super cheap (we stayed here because we had 6 nights free; otherwise I would have stayed somewhere else). If you check in, make sure you don't get room 116. There is supposed to be free internet service, but it is as slow as dial up and the cable is very fuzzy like it's from an antennae. I didn't hate staying here, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2010

I just discovered this site today, but am writing a review for this hotel based on a one-night stay in August 2009. My wife and I stayed in this hotel while on a trip through Colorado and nearby states. Having stayed in about 7 different "economy rate" hotels of all brands on the trip and dozens over the years around the U.S., this hotel was the most impressive! It impressed us enough that I wanted to write about it 6 months later :)

The location can be viewed as a Pro or Con.. depending on your needs. We chose this hotel due to its close proximity to Route 25 and major roads, and we found the hotel to still be very quiet. Adequate free parking was available, but could be tight if you have a very long vehicle (RV or really large van perhaps).

All hotel staff provided exceptional service, and the entire hotel was very, very clean! I've worked in housekeeping in the past, so I have a high attention to detail in hotel cleanliness matters. The continental breakfast was of the standard sort, but all breads, fruits, and coffee were very fresh. The "dining" area was also very clean and comfortable.

I am not sure if we stayed in the absolute nicest room available or if all rooms are the same. What I can say is that this was among the cheapest hotels that we stayed in over the course of the trip. Compared to those other hotels (even ones 50% more costly), our room at this Super 8 was BY FAR the nicest and most well equipped! Included were a microwave/mini fridge, iron and board, free wifi, and plenty of clean towels (all of which are seldom included in similarly priced hotels).

Bottom line.. this hotel is a great value and an excellent hotel overall.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple