1,748 results
All reviews aquatic center fire pit the main lodge tennis courts paddle boats mountain view beautiful property hot tub pikes peak smores amenities conference colorado zoo closet gods
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Beautiful property, with amazing views! We had a groupon so this was the reason why we chose this place. The room we had was comfortable and the views were amazing. Food and staff was on par for price paid. I would visit it again!

Date of stay: October 2017
CheyenneMountain, Director of Sales at Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

AnnA1750

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we appreciate the great review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your anniversary with us and it appears you had a great time. We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We had brunch at Gates Grill last Sunday. Terrible service. Food was cold. So disappointed. Will not be returning.

I ordered the Corned Buffalo Hash. First off, at least to me, Hash contains chunks of meat. This was VERY THINNLY SLICED meat. Second, there were no onions. Third, the potatoes were frozen diced potatoes that were over cooked in the deep fryer and were cold. Fourth, one of my poached eggs was hard cook the other did have yolk but both were cold. As for the Green Chili Hollandaise, one bite had sauce. The eggs were not napped in the sauce as I expected.

Total and complete disappointment on my part.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Cheyenne M, Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback about the Gates Grille and your breakfast experience on September 9th. I was very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your food or the service provided. I was also quite surprised by your comments as I was on hand personally that day to oversee the operation and I spoke with several people that had nothing but positive comments specifically about the food, but also the service. I wish that I had been made aware of your concerns that very day so I could have addressed them immediately. Despite the fact that this Sunday was the first time Gates has opened for breakfast, there is no excuse for not receiving quality service and quality product. We are working hard to improve both of those aspects daily and will use your feedback to that end.

It appears that you are local to Colorado Springs so I am hoping that you will accept an invitation to return to the Gates Grille for breakfast as my guest. I would be happy to treat you and a guest so that you might see the improvements we have made and understand that your experience was the exception and not the rule. Please feel free to email me directly at david.romano@dolce.com if you would like to accept my offer or provide additional feedback. I am the Food & Beverage Director at the Resort and I take these matters very seriously. I hope I will hear from you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

My family and I have been frequent visitors at CMR over the years. We stayed at your resort over Labor Day and were hoping to stay again when we visit family over Christmas. Now, I'm not so sure. The room smelled very musty and smoky and showed signs of wear and tear and is in need of updating. After flight delays and complications at the airport, and after we carted all of our luggage down many flights of stairs, far from our room, we found that there was not even a bottle of water to purchase, much less a snack for weary and hungry travelers. I made the trek back to the lobby and found their little market closed. The manager did come through and provided us with bottled water. Overall, I simply didn't feel like I was staying at a "resort." I've stayed at multiple Four Seasons resorts, Disney resorts, Hyatt resorts, The Westin, etc., and Cheyenne Mountain doesn't qualify as a resort. Maybe it was my smoky room, maybe it was that the staff brushed me off, maybe it's that basic needs aren't met, maybe it was the fact that none of my requests - a different room, additional towels, an extra robe for the other adult staying in the room, etc. were accommodated, but I am very hesitant to stay at this property again. I am stunned to see the high rating on Trip Advisor, but realized after looking at the reviews more carefully, that lion's share of bad reviews have been fairly recently - what has happened with the staff and management to precipitate such a dramatic downturn? As for the 5 star reviews - what am I missing? We've loved this hotel in the past and the location is simply stunning, but it needs some work to return to its former glory.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank susanhZ3102LW
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Recently traveled here for a work conference. I can say that this isn't a great hotel for that purpose, as it is quite spread out and there are some very steep inclines getting from the lower rooms to the main lobby and conference center. The room was outdated and the AC wasn't great. The bed was comfortable which was a saving grace. Unlike others who complained about the shower, mine was actually good, with nice water pressure. My main concern was that twice I had to kill bugs in the bathroom. I agree with others that the locking situation on the sliders isn't really great. The views were pretty good as I backed up to a golf course. Also the views from the conference center were very good. For my first trip to CO, it just wasn't up to par.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2018

As an ex corporate travel professional, I am trained to critique hotels. First of all, pictures on the internet are misleading and are probably very old. The property is old and very dated. Rooms have exterior entrances and require fairly long and winding walks including stairs. Rooms are spacious but tile, bedding and furnishings are dated including darker wood. Room aminities of Keurig and mini frig were good. Technology for using and charging cell and iPads or laptops were old. The sliding glass door to outside didn't lock. A makeshift add-on to lock it reminded me of bathroom stall doors that never latch. The bathroom while large was very dated. All rooms have a huge whirlpool bathtub, measuring about 24 inches height and a foot wide requiring you to step over to get in to use the underwhelming shower. Understand that having wall mounted shampoo, bath wash and conditioner are green friendly, but since they are dark colored you don't realize when they are empty until you are all wet. No backup soap options were available. Bathroom tile and wall coverings were stained.
The view from our room was partial mountain and parking lot. I feel like the location has a lot of potential but as designed doesn't take advantage of beautiful mountain views. Husband called front desk about door lock not working and they never answered the phone. When I called to see if a shower only option was possible they said only handicap rooms had that option. Around the property, there were a lot of concrete repairs needed, paint was chipping and just an overall dark, old feeling.

Room tip: Away from the highway side, closer to the mountain.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Amy M
Curious764767, Director of Sales at Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, A Dolce Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Amy M,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience as we truly appreciate the time and effort it takes to write a review. Our goal is always to exceed our guest expectations and it seems we may have fell short with your overall experience. From a clarification standpoint I did note that you made mention of some repair needing to be done around the resort. This is a fact as we are still in transition from the epic hail storm that we had here in Colorado Springs several weeks ago and we are currently still addressing some of the damage issues due to this storm. I did also not want to mislead any of our customers with the comment about “every room having a whirlpool bathtub” as this is not the case as we do offer showers options in both our king and queen double rooms. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than excellent experience and would invite you back for the opportunity to come back for another experience of our great destination and our true authentic Colorado Resort Experience. We will be embarking on a full rooms renovation this fall and will be spending several million within the overall property within the next six-eight months. We thank you again for your feedback and hope for the opportunity to have you back to our 200-acre resort.