“Surprised”

First Wok
Ranked #583 of 1,584 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I wasn't sure what to make of the restaurant when we arrived. The parking lot was empty and so was most of the surrounding area. I am glad my husband and I stayed. Our waiter was really nice, and the food was tasty. I try to avoid wheat so I tend to order dishes with white sauce. When I do have meat, (it’s a once a week tendency for me) I prefer poultry or any sea/ocean creature. The menu actually listed how the meat was cooked, the vegetables included, and the sauce. To be honest, I’ve never had a flavorful white sauce dish before, but this restaurant’s Moo Goo Gai Pan was delicious.

My husband also enjoyed his General Tso’s chicken. I took a bite, and it was also very flavorful. I don't know what they do differently, but I prefer it. One complaint would be the iced tea. My husband didn't like it and said something was off. I took a sip, as well, and he was right. He ended up ordering a soda. Anyway, I was more than satisfied with my hot tea. As for the environment, it was average and clean. I took pleasure in seeing real plants used as decor.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

First Wok has fast, friendly service, and delicious, fresh Chinese food. They serve everything you order in very large family style portions, but at economical prices. (Most menu items are under $10.) The Chinese Donuts are amazing, and you get 10 for only $4.95! We enjoyed everything we ordered from the Egg Drop Soup to the Rice Noodle Chicken - which was a wonderful recommendation by our server.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I will go out of my way to eat at this restaurant as the food is amazing, the customer service is fabulous, and it's a local business. We have never had to wait to be seated since its a small restaurant, but there is only one cook so when they are busy it takes a little longer to get the food. Worth the wait and I haven't been able to find better Chinese food. I bring all of my family and friends to First Wok and no one has ever been disappointed.

3  Thank Shannon D