All reviews close to downtown provided excellent customer service front desk facing west hi express busy highway every single employee road noise huge room turkey sausage stayed only one night mountain view shuttle driver hotel is centrally located easy access to the highway strip mall the breakfast area
Reviewed 6 August 2018

So, I sometimes travel for work for 2-4 weeks at a time. I just finished working 4 weeks in Pueblo, CO (staying at a Candlewood Suites—also an IHG property) and now I’m working in Colorado Springs for 3 weeks (checked in last night). The actual check-in process was great-my employer books my stays-everything was waiting for me, including room keys. Total check-in time=3 minutes! I was surprised to learn, though, that my room, booked for 3 weeks, was on the first floor, next to kitchen, and 1st floor is where they put families—with noisy kids. I will be requesting a different room.

The room itself is smaller than Candlewood Suites. Though it is a long term room (they have regular rooms and ‘suites’) the only way to cook anything is in a microwave. There is only a mini fridge (no room to store food, just beverages mostly), coffee maker makes only single cups. Even there are some drawers and cupboards in the ‘kitchen’ area there is nothing in them. The closet area is much smaller than Candlewood.

On the positive side, this property, because most of their business is short term stays, has a pool/hot tub, gym, and serves a free breakfast daily.

They change the WiFi password every Monday morning, so if you check in Sunday night you have to call the front desk Monday to get new password.

Though I would certainly stay here for a weekend, I will be asking my employer travel department to not book Holiday Inn any longer. Candlewood Suites is much more accommodating to long term clients.

Room Tip: Rooms 100-106 are right next to kitchen
Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Rachel E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Colorado Springs Dwtn Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us! We are equip for short term stays mostly.
In the mean time we would love to place you in a room more accommodating for you!
Please let me know if you would like to switch.
Again, Thank you for choosing us even though we are a little different that the Candlewood hotels.

Director of Sales
Rachel
719-424-4300
hie.groupsales@colorado-springs-hotel.com

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Prepaid almost $800 for 4 nights days in advance. After less than 5 seconds, The woman at the front desk couldn’t find it and said I have the wrong hotel. After showing her the confirmation number, she found it but said it wasn’t paid. Finally she discovered it was on the list of prepaid reservations. Then it all came down to a disgusting climax when she said she can’t take my debit card, which was loaded with plenty of money, nor cash, even several hundred, because of their policy on credit cards for incidentals. She said she will refund it, and suggests I go somewhere else. Leaving me stranded despite having prepaid it in full and offering multiple payment options for a deposit. She said its policy. Meanwhile it will take weeks to get a refund, and know that it is evening on check-in day the nearby hotels are now sold out, plus I can’t use the nearly $800 towards it and have to be out twice that. Did not offer a shuttle to another hotel and never apologized once or offered any options. Completely insane and an embarrassment to be treated like this.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank GOCONSOLE

Dear Guest,
our sincerest apologies to the service you received while trying to check-in.
Our agents are trained to never break policy.
We are sorry that you had credit card issues and
were not able to provide a card that matched your ID.
This is for your security and ours.
We hope to get the opportunity to serve you in the future.
If I can do anything for you please contact me directly.

Director of Sales - Rachel
719-424-4330
hie,groupsales@colorado-springs-hotel.com

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Started trip with a great zipline Adventure at the Broadmoor 5 zip lines to rope Bridges and 180 foot repel to Seven Falls. We done went back to the Seven Falls later that evening walk the steps to the top and then about a half hour hike to Inspiration Point and back and then down 244 steps to the base of the falls. To Manitou Springs for shopping with for the girls and breweries for the guys. This little town is very artsy and eclectic great little place to shop and eat. The next day we went white water rafting in Canyon City Canyon City is about 1 hour south of Colorado Springs we used Arkansas River tours as our rafting company. Our guide was Hannah she is actually a member of the u.s. rafting team and made the trip interesting exciting and safe we would definitely use this company again it was a half day tour. We then went to the Royal Gorge Park where we walked the suspension bridge, this was very exciting because the winds were in the 25 to 30 mile range. We then took the tram from one side of the gorge to the other also very exciting because of the Winds. The next day we took an Pikes Peak driving because the Cog train is closed and maybe for two years. Of course driving was exciting and we did make it to 14515 beat the peak. After this trip we went to Green Mountain Falls very small mountain town just 10 minutes from Pikes Peak. We spent 8 hours at a small Tavern called the Blue Moose the people there were absolutely fabulous and the food was great the reason for the 8 hour trip is that we got caught in a vicious rain and hail storm that closed all roads out of Green Mountain Falls. All of this being said it was one fabulous Family Vacation.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Rachel E, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Colorado Springs Dwtn Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Dick P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this absolutely wonderful review! Your trip sounds like it was amazing here is Colorado Springs!
It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to get another opportunity!
There are so many beautiful places to see here and we love familiar faces!
Again, Thank you for staying with us! Your review truly made smile!

Director of Sales

Rachel

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Checked in Sunday for relaxing and busy week away from the Texas heat. Hotel is completely comfortable and convenient to all areas in Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, Denver, Cañon City. Beds comfortable and cleaned dai. Recommend this hotel to families. Really nice and hot breakfast.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Stayed here three nights at the start of a road trip to Houston (via Fort Worth & New Orleans) After a 9 hour flight, late in the day, 81 mile drive from Denver airport.

Plenty of free parking. Staff very friendly and welcoming.

Room good size, clean and tidy. Fridge and microwave. Large comfy bed
Medium size TV with loads of good quality channels. Wi-Fi reliable with speeds around 26mbps up and 23mbps down.

Bathroom good size, clean and tidy, Good lighting, large mirror and efficient extractor. Good size counter top, plenty of hot water, good shower pressure.
Couple of minor points: A few more hooks would be helpful and the basin is set too far back from the edge of the top making for a bit of a reach!

Good size breakfast area with a reasonable selection of hot and cold.

There was some noticeable traffic noise at the sides and back so might be worth requesting a room at the front away from the road.

Hotel is in a convenient location for the tourist bits. Recommend the Texas Road House for food, a few miles south near the Walmart.

Did not use the pool or fitness centre, but both looked good!

Would stay again, but in a room at the front!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front should be slightly quieter
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple