“Great food. Great decor. ”
Review of Mason Jar

Mason Jar
Ranked #12 of 1,472 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Old-fashioned American comfort food
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I love the country styling and log cabin look. The sweet tea is awesome. Not excessively sweet like 99% of places make it. I had the rainbow trout and it was awesome. My waiter was very nice. I recommend The Mason Jar for sure.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The food: overall, pretty good. Their local trout was cooked very nicely and the side dishes were standard country fare at above-average quality. My wife got the fried chicken, which again was simple but still above average. The best part was the service. The server was very friendly, and the owner stopped by our table for a few moments to chat. There's a great, down-home feel to the hole place that is very relaxing.

Bonus recommendation: The one thing that wasn't standard fare was the blackberry margarita. Give it a shot, it's very good.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I showed up extremely thirsty and hungry and the staff took care of us. I had the chicken fried steak and I was pleased it was the real deal .. Good potatoes, nice crispy steak. During the meal the waitress brought me an endless supply of bottomless ice tea.

We only stumbled on this as things in this part of town seem to close early. Good place to just unwind after a long day of hiking....

Reviewed 16 September 2017

This restaurant was suggested by the hotel we stayed at in Manitou Springs. We decided to give it a shot. We arrived around 7:00-7:15pm. We were seated fairly quickly. Linda took our order. She was nice. I ordered the fresh fish dinner, The rest of my family ordered chicken fried steak, a philly steak sandwich and fried chicken. After waiting for over an hour we were watching other patrons come in after us and leave before us. Linda came back and offered me a salad and appetizers for the rest of my family at no charge. She then put a rush on the order and within 15 minutes we were eating. From the time we arrived until the time the food came we were there for over 2 hours. Again, Linda (our server) was very nice and frankly embarrassed as to how long we waited. The management never came over to offer their apologies. I would not eat here ever again. Again the food was average and the service was poor. Find somewhere else unless this suits your taste buds.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The name comes because the water and soda are served in mason jars instead of regular glasses. Specializing in plain American comfort food, the place is friendly and not fancy. Good value for money.