“Always great!”

Ranked #15 of 1,613 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: USD 8 - USD 25
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For over 40 years this family-owned German Restaurant on the south side of Colorado Springs has served over a million happy customers. The restaurant invites guests to dine in one of its several rooms decorated with artifacts from Europe. With strolling musicians on Friday and Saturday nights, three blazing fireplaces in winter, and an authentic "Biergarten" in summer, you are sure to enter into another world as a guest at Edelweiss.The authentic menu with a variety of Old World German dishes includes Schnitzel, Bratwurst, and Sauerbraten, with newer-age items such as Flammekuchen and Maultaschen. For those not so adventurous palates Edelweiss offers other Continental fare such as Chicken Cordon Bleu, Filet Tournedos, or Fresh Salmon Filet. Imported German Beers and Wines can be ordered to compliment any of the flavorful dishes. The European-trained Swiss Pastry Chef bakes all of the desserts from scratch, so save room for one of the rich Tortes or pastries, or take some to go.
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Never had a bad meal or bad service at Edelweiss. We go there everytime we visit Colorado Springs! Sometimes lunch, sometimes dinner. Always great food and great service in a cozy atmosphere!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Nothing particularly outstanding about this venue but standard fayre, limited vegetarian choice and food not as piping hot as I would have liked.
Service was very helpful but a mild issue arose with a beer pitcher order, 2 pints for $12 or a large pitcher for $16, we paid for the latter and only got 2 pints. A word with our server brought the manager demonstrating with water how a pitcher “should” have provided 3 drinks. Ours didn’t, $4 lost but no big issue but my friend was offended with this demo.
Not a great vegetarian choice and quite small soup starter. Desserts lovely, ambience enhanced by two accordion players and traditional music in the background, clearly busy and popular but not a place I’d rush back too when back here in the future.
Ample parking and take away box provided for food not finished and quick bill issue but taking away the card for payment whilst my American host assured me was fine caused me some angst from my wide and varied uk/EU travels.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I've gone here a few times, everytime the good is always really good. They have quite a few beer options. The wait staff dress up in lederhosen kind of clothes and the decor inside gives off the german vibe. They have a beer garden kind of patio too which is nice when the weather is good.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

They recommend you visit their website and make a reservation.
That said this was a charming place to go for dinner. Great, friendly staff took really great care of us. I was surprised at how family friendly the place was. While we were there I saw many children sort of wondering around and generally having a great time.

This was my first go at having German food, so I honestly can't speak to how authentic it was but everything served was wonderful, from the starter bread and salad to the main course to the dessert. (yes... really... do save room for the dessert. Totally worth it.)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

First let me say we lived in Germany for three years. This place was good to find since our time there was good and we loved it. The food is standard German. No extravagant gourmet excursions. If you know German food, and you like it, you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for extravagant, experimental or adventurous dining you might do better to look elsewhere. The very best time is in the summmer when the patio is alive with German music, blooming flowers and bustling service. We have been there many times and the food is reliable. The service can be a bit abrupt if they are busy and they usually are. No problem but do not expect casual conversation with your server. We have dined inside but the patio is the place to be if the weather is good. If you have traveled to or lived in Germany you will feel right at home. If you never have been do not fear. The food is good and you will enjoy it. The wine list is good, the beer is good, the schnitzel is good... what’s not to like?