“Charming, family friendly place.”

Edelweiss Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 1,615 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: USD 8 - USD 25
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For over 40 years this family-owned German Restaurant on the south side of Colorado Springs has served over a million happy customers. The restaurant invites guests to dine in one of its several rooms decorated with artifacts from Europe. With strolling musicians on Friday and Saturday nights, three blazing fireplaces in winter, and an authentic "Biergarten" in summer, you are sure to enter into another world as a guest at Edelweiss.The authentic menu with a variety of Old World German dishes includes Schnitzel, Bratwurst, and Sauerbraten, with newer-age items such as Flammekuchen and Maultaschen. For those not so adventurous palates Edelweiss offers other Continental fare such as Chicken Cordon Bleu, Filet Tournedos, or Fresh Salmon Filet. Imported German Beers and Wines can be ordered to compliment any of the flavorful dishes. The European-trained Swiss Pastry Chef bakes all of the desserts from scratch, so save room for one of the rich Tortes or pastries, or take some to go.
Reviewed 23 January 2018

They recommend you visit their website and make a reservation.
That said this was a charming place to go for dinner. Great, friendly staff took really great care of us. I was surprised at how family friendly the place was. While we were there I saw many children sort of wondering around and generally having a great time.

This was my first go at having German food, so I honestly can't speak to how authentic it was but everything served was wonderful, from the starter bread and salad to the main course to the dessert. (yes... really... do save room for the dessert. Totally worth it.)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

First let me say we lived in Germany for three years. This place was good to find since our time there was good and we loved it. The food is standard German. No extravagant gourmet excursions. If you know German food, and you like it, you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for extravagant, experimental or adventurous dining you might do better to look elsewhere. The very best time is in the summmer when the patio is alive with German music, blooming flowers and bustling service. We have been there many times and the food is reliable. The service can be a bit abrupt if they are busy and they usually are. No problem but do not expect casual conversation with your server. We have dined inside but the patio is the place to be if the weather is good. If you have traveled to or lived in Germany you will feel right at home. If you never have been do not fear. The food is good and you will enjoy it. The wine list is good, the beer is good, the schnitzel is good... what’s not to like?

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Wow, check out parking before you go. There is an empty lot about two blocks down.

This restaurant has very genuine German cuisine, and is very crowded. The service is friendly and happy. I thought the salad had too much vinegar tastes, but my sister ate the whole thing.

My rinroulade (if I've spelled that correctly) had good flavor, but the beef was a little thicker than I was used to.

Anyway, it is insanely popular, so make a reservation.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

This was a very time to come. We traveled about 30 min. to get here from
North location of Co. Springs. They are friendly, and helpful, . Food is good
considering it is a very busy restaurant and cooking almost done on a mass scale.
They have many sections of the restaurant to dine in.
We had a waiter that was very rushed in our section due to a large table of people
next table from us. He mixed up one of 4 in our group dinner, then completely forgot
a drink order for one of us. Couldn't get him close enough to ask for it, or refill our water.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to this location and let me tell you the second visit wasn't as good as the first the brand was terrible the salad was some leftover vegetables