“Octoberfest Dinner with brother & Fiance”

Edelweiss Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 1,584 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: USD 8 - USD 25
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For over 40 years this family-owned German Restaurant on the south side of Colorado Springs has served over a million happy customers. The restaurant invites guests to dine in one of its several rooms decorated with artifacts from Europe. With strolling musicians on Friday and Saturday nights, three blazing fireplaces in winter, and an authentic "Biergarten" in summer, you are sure to enter into another world as a guest at Edelweiss.The authentic menu with a variety of Old World German dishes includes Schnitzel, Bratwurst, and Sauerbraten, with newer-age items such as Flammekuchen and Maultaschen. For those not so adventurous palates Edelweiss offers other Continental fare such as Chicken Cordon Bleu, Filet Tournedos, or Fresh Salmon Filet. Imported German Beers and Wines can be ordered to compliment any of the flavorful dishes. The European-trained Swiss Pastry Chef bakes all of the desserts from scratch, so save room for one of the rich Tortes or pastries, or take some to go.
Reviewed 20 January 2018

This was a very time to come. We traveled about 30 min. to get here from
North location of Co. Springs. They are friendly, and helpful, . Food is good
considering it is a very busy restaurant and cooking almost done on a mass scale.
They have many sections of the restaurant to dine in.
We had a waiter that was very rushed in our section due to a large table of people
next table from us. He mixed up one of 4 in our group dinner, then completely forgot
a drink order for one of us. Couldn't get him close enough to ask for it, or refill our water.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to this location and let me tell you the second visit wasn't as good as the first the brand was terrible the salad was some leftover vegetables

Reviewed 16 January 2018

To be fair, I don;t like German food to begin with, but went with a group fro work. Very cute restaurant, but the service was crummy, and the food very disappointing. I've never heard anything good about the place.

1  Thank CalifCouple
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Eating there reminded time of my time living in Bavaria. Located in an old schoolhouse, they have put a lot of effort into making the restaurant feel very German. The ambiance is great! The food was amazing.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

It seems that it is becoming more and more challenging to find good German food in Colorado. Denver really doesn't have any German restaurants anymore - the majority of them have closed. Thus, on a quick weekend getaway to Colorado Springs, we put Edelweiss on our list of places to eat.

I had never eaten here before, with the exception of getting a couple of desserts to go. We were greeted and seated promptly; and the restaurant was very busy for a Friday at lunch. Our waitress attended to our needs quickly, and brought our beverages shortly after we ordered. My husband and I both ordered the Jager Schnitzel - his breaded; mine not. Our food arrived quickly. Mine was cooked to perfection; along with the spatzle. The red cabbage was a little on the sweet side for me; I prefer mine to be tart. My only request is that perhaps they offer the two versions for those that prefer a more traditional option?

My husband loved his meal, as well. Not as good as his aunt's in Germany when we visit; but it definitely scratches the itch and is better than anything that is offered in Denver! We did indulge in a shared dessert before our departure - the Black Forest Cake. It was fabulous; although a little TOO cold. The cherries and some of the topping were actually crunchy because they were on the borderline of being frozen; perhaps the dessert cooler temperature just needs to be adjusted just a bit.

We will definitely return - hopefully for dinner and the schweinhaxe!