See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Check in very shady, tries to make copies of your CC! Lots of rif-raff around. Looks like alot of illegal business is run out of this motel! Not a good part of town!! Stay Away!!!! Not the place to have kids! I didn't even make it to my room and went back demanding a refund!! Find somewhere else to go.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2015

I called and asked for rates for a week rental for a unit with an efficiency kitchen. I was quoted $350. When I called back to book the room, I was then told this was the "cash only" rate and the man said I "didn't want to even know what the surcharge was for using a credit card". I've stayed here before and used a credit card and was not charged a surcharge at all. Not sure what has changed, but I know many businesses try the "cash only" pricing now to avoid paying taxes (and 9.6% was added to the $350 price for taxes). I never had a problem with this hotel until now. I've lost a lot of respect for this place now. I'd recommend going somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Three nights here and they tended to be noisy but otherwise okay. Noise was from traffic, sirens, etc. Beds were quite comfortable, pillows could of been better. Microwave and mini frig was a nice touch. Close to activities. Management/owners are on site, friendly and helpful. Would stay again, king bed, call for prices ahead of time then mention them when you arrive.

Room Tip: loud overnight, sirens, etc. good beds, service for rooms, management/owners on site.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I were on a bus trip and we were scheduled to stay there two nights. It was OK but that is about it. Lake Estes is within view just down the block and the mountain view outside the hotel was very nice. It's an older hotel that had been added on to many times making it a maze to walk through. In fact were instructed to just go outside and walk to the lobby and enter for breakfasat. There was old paneling on the walls in the hallway making it seem dim and older carpet. The ceilings were low too. The rooms were older too and it looked like someone tried to do a few cosmetics to make it look better but missed the mark. The breakfast room was a bit strange. Large but not sure what kind of room it used to be and very limited choices. I would have rather had a nicer hotel nearer the center of Estes Park and pay more for the trip than to stay here. Others in our group felt the same. There is a town shuttle that picks up/drops off in front of the hotel so that is a plus. The last shuttle is at 8:30. There are two doors to the rooms, one interior and one exterior so you had to make sure both were secure.

Room Tip: There are rooms to the front of the hotel that have balconies that face the mountains. There are two plastic chairs on them so you can enjoy the view. Ask for one of those rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

So my roommate and I decided to go to the springs to go out for the weekend. We stop at the travel inn because it is very close to the club we went to. The guy was nice at first. When we got to the room not only was the tv not working but neither was the AC. We tried to call the front desk but no one answered. I even called off my cell phone and still no answer. When we went to the lobby to inquire about the AC and tv he tells us that the unit is off and we can open a window! I told him that I have thyroid disease so opening a window would do no good,and that's when he flipped. He was extremely rude even told us he wasn't going to give us our money back and we could call the BBB!!! I'm so thankful that I am persistent as I am because we never would have gotten our money back. The guy even called the cops on us because we wanted a refund!!!! Don't ever stay at this hotel.....and yes I will be reporting them as he suggested :-)

• Stayed: April 2012