See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I were on a bus trip and we were scheduled to stay there two nights. It was OK but that is about it. Lake Estes is within view just down the block and the mountain view outside the hotel was very nice. It's an older hotel that had been added on to many times making it a maze to walk through. In fact were instructed to just go outside and walk to the lobby and enter for breakfasat. There was old paneling on the walls in the hallway making it seem dim and older carpet. The ceilings were low too. The rooms were older too and it looked like someone tried to do a few cosmetics to make it look better but missed the mark. The breakfast room was a bit strange. Large but not sure what kind of room it used to be and very limited choices. I would have rather had a nicer hotel nearer the center of Estes Park and pay more for the trip than to stay here. Others in our group felt the same. There is a town shuttle that picks up/drops off in front of the hotel so that is a plus. The last shuttle is at 8:30. There are two doors to the rooms, one interior and one exterior so you had to make sure both were secure.

Room Tip: There are rooms to the front of the hotel that have balconies that face the mountains. There are two plastic chairs on them so you can enjoy the view. Ask for one of those rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

So my roommate and I decided to go to the springs to go out for the weekend. We stop at the travel inn because it is very close to the club we went to. The guy was nice at first. When we got to the room not only was the tv not working but neither was the AC. We tried to call the front desk but no one answered. I even called off my cell phone and still no answer. When we went to the lobby to inquire about the AC and tv he tells us that the unit is off and we can open a window! I told him that I have thyroid disease so opening a window would do no good,and that's when he flipped. He was extremely rude even told us he wasn't going to give us our money back and we could call the BBB!!! I'm so thankful that I am persistent as I am because we never would have gotten our money back. The guy even called the cops on us because we wanted a refund!!!! Don't ever stay at this hotel.....and yes I will be reporting them as he suggested :-)

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Cnel04
Reviewed 24 September 2011

My sheets had a blood stain in it!!! Management said I put the stain there, Some Russian guy who had no manners!!! This place will never make it, I wish it would close down, the room was hot, the russian made me feel stupid. I hope he gets fired! I will never be staying there again, completely horrible.

Room Tip: I stayed at Howard Johnson, clean quiet, and extremely friendly service, and it was $20 cheaper.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Billsax1578
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My experience at the Travel Inn was horrific.The staff was not only rude,they made my husband and i very uncomfortable.The rooms wasnt cleaned properly.The blankets had a horrible smell.The bathroom had hair in the shower on the toilet and behind the door.the towels lookd dirty.It was very hot in June, and the air condioning would not work.We had to wait an hour for the manager to come turn it on.My husband had to talk me into jus staying the rest of the nite but i cudnt wait to leave.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank Surluv
Reviewed 5 September 2010

The staff was very friendly, and the room was comfortable. The only problem was the strong smell of smoke in the non-smoking room. We are not smokers so we are very sensitive to these things. It was hot in there and so we put the A/C on; it made the smell worse and my fiance and I woke up this morning with sore throats and clogged up noses. Our bags and clothes still smell of smoke. My guess is they renovated the rooms to be non-smoking but didn't go far enough to eliminate the smell. It was pretty much just a place to rest your head. We were still tired but couldn't stand not being able to breathe so much this morning that we left as early as possible.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple