“A delightful surprise”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Central City, Colorado

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 15 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
German first
Italian first
Any
Fenny_11
Sarasota, Florida
“A delightful surprise”
Reviewed 6 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I accidentally booked Nicki Lee mansion on a non refundable, thinking it was close to Cherry Hill and I was so very happy I did! I haven't been to a B&B in a long time and was nervous. The drive is beautiful and painless to a charming and quiet retreat from the bustle of Denver where my son goes to College. It's like having two worlds in one vacation. Center City is unique and a simple walk from Nicki Lee and I felt completely safe walking around the little streets at night. The owner is kind and gives you your space and I love the way she decorated all the rooms. You can see the love she put into the place and it is an interesting story of how she did it.
I slept in one of the upstairs rooms, the green room, and I've had the best sleep, four nights in a beautiful spacious room, something I needed. The front porch is pretty with her flowers. The bathroom is shared yet I doubt anyone runs into each other. I had the best uninterrupted bath in a lovely big tub after a long hike. There are so many fun things in other towns all around this place to explore as well. My son was busy in classes so it was actually nice to not be staying in Denver. How often are you happy to return to a sterile hotel room? Coming back here feels like coming to a vacation home with two sweet cats and I will definitely do this again.

Travelling group: Solo
31 Jul 2017
Thank you!!!! I enjoyed your company as well. Hope to see you next time you come to Denver to see you son.
Eric S
“Very Hospitable People, Would Definitely Stay Again”
Reviewed 10 March 2017 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

Nicki Lee and her family were very hospitable people. My girlfriend and I went on vacation here last year to enjoy the surrounding Denver area for the first time. The Nicki Lee Mansion is located about 45 minutes away from Denver and right around the corner from downtown Central City. Central City has plenty of casinos for gambling, great restaurants, and cool stores that many have interesting themes of the 1800s. We went snowboarding one day at a resort very close by. My girlfriend did not bring snow pants, so Nicki lent us a pair of snow pants. She makes excellent food for you every morning and bakes amazing desserts. She knows all of the history of her mansion, Central City, and neat ghost towns adjacent to Central City. My girlfriend and I liked to keep to ourselves, and she respected that, but she is most accomidating to anyone that stays there. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that likes B&B's that wants to stay near Denver and I would definitely consider staying here if I vacation in Colorado again. If you are traveling here from Denver, TAKE THE INTERSTATE! You will be glad you did. Thank you again, Nicki Lee!

Value Rooms
Travelling group: Couples
31 Jul 2017
Thank you for such a kind review! Hope to see you again on your travels to the Denver area. I love having skiers! It is not the first time I have loaned out my ski gear. Happy to help everyone have a great Colorado stay.
Arielle M
“Don't waist your money.”
Reviewed 29 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

False advertisement and horrific customer service. What else is there to say? What an absolute waist of money. Maybe if they would have tried to work with my husband and I, I wouldn't have to write such a lousy review. Seriously. I've gotten better customer service at Wal-Mart. Hope you put the $125 you charged me to some good use.

Travelling group: Couples
8 Apr 2017
Arielle, since you didn't stay with me and you canceled your stay with me last minute, I am following my cancellation policy.
Oliver S
Berlin
“Don't stay at a casino!”
Reviewed 13 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

A beautiful old home. Very comfortable rooms and beds. Literally, a 2 minute walk to Main St. Don't let the shared bathroom turn you off - There's no conflict as no one comes to Central City and remains in the room. The parlor is a gorgeous eating and drinking room. A very friendly helpful owner, but not intrusive. Why stay in a small box on a high floor inside a casino with cheap beds for more money?

Laura D
Denver, Colorado
“Relaxing and Comfortable”
Reviewed 16 January 2016 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

One of the best trips I've taken by myself due to the above and beyond hospitality of the owners and the classic beauty that lies within this B&B! The home has an original steam room, old turn of the century stove that they use to make the BEST toast on for breakfast, claw foot tub, wonderful balcony with amazing views, and they are pet friendly including crystal bowls that my dog ate out of while there!

Travelling group: Solo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing