“Fantastic Mexican Food On A Cold, Snowy Day”
Review of El Korita

El Korita
Ranked #39 of 160 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We had to cancel our plans to go to Florissant Fossil Beds because of the late spring snow storm. We cancelled our hotel and got another one in Westminster. The heaviest snow we experienced was in Castle Rock. We decided to take the time to eat lunch and chose this restaurant in a strip mall. It was a very good choice. It is family owned and the owner seated us and waited on us quickly. The food came quickly and was hot. I had delicious chicken enchiladas with red sauce, rice and beans. My husband really enjoyed his cheese and ground beef enchiladas with red sauce, rice, and beans. We recommend eating here.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We didn't know this little gem was here. Very authentic old style Mexican food. No fancy plates, no fancy suroundings, just really good food.

This made it to the favorites list after the first bite

Reviewed 11 August 2016

An eclectic dining experience. Their Mexican food is wonderful. However, for a Mexican place they also have Italian and others. However, I have just had the Mexican Food. Very authentic. Atmosphere is not great, but the food makes up for it

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Nice little place in a strip mall. Not a ton of vegetarian options. Next time I would try the rellenos. I got a cheese quesadilla. The best part was the homemade bread pudding with caramel sauce. Amazing and I don't usually eat dessert.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

I was brought here by a friend and when he said, “it’s never crowded” I got scared. That’s typically code for “no one likes it.” However, it is probably the best locally-owned Mexican restaurant I’ve ever been to. The salsa was more than pureed, canned rotel. It was delicious. I asked for some habanero sauce which they didn’t have but they did make a sauce for me and it was excellent; just as hot as habanero. I had the tamales with rice and beans. They were excellent. Our servers were fast and friendly.